Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Financial Earnings Reports (ongoing)

The government is BS'ing you that Apple doesn't pay GST. Every receipt I get from Apple has GST as part of the total.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The government is BS'ing you that Apple doesn't pay GST. Every receipt I get from Apple has GST as part of the total.
    I think they're talking about the supply end of the chain, importing the products, not the retail end.

Yes, not all are dodging both taxes, but my mis-grammatically structured sentence was meant to mean that some are dodging (regular) tax and others are dodging GST, while some are dodging both.

Tax legislation is so massive in this country, there are heaps of loopholes for the rich to pay their army of accountants to find... and the rest of us pay higher taxes to cover the cost of funding all the necessary services that they and us use.

What we really need is people in Canberra that know how to run a country properly in both parties. I'm fed up with all of them and their BS.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

What we really need is people in Canberra that know how to run a country properly in both parties. I'm fed up with all of them and their BS.
    Then don't vote for them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Then don't vote for them.
    Isn't it still illegal not to vote in Australia?

Isn't it still illegal not to vote in Australia?
    It's never been illegal to not vote.

The law requires you to be registered to vote, and to have your name ticked off during an election (by you), but what you do after you get your name ticked off is entirely up to you.
    It is not illegal to take the ballot paper from the staffer, scrunch it up in a ball, toss it over their head into a bin, and walk out. (or just stick it in the ballot box blank)

For most people though, they are fooled into thinking that they have to fill out the ballot paper, while others just think that since they went to all the trouble of getting there, lining up for half an hour, and crossing their name off, they might as well fill out the ballot paper... but you are not legally required to fill it out, because how can the authorities prove it without breaching your right to a secret voting process.

The major parties both love compulsory voting (and convincing voters that they must fill out the ballot paper on those Electoral Commission Ads), because it rakes in millions of dollars to each party. Each time you vote for a 2-house election, you are give $5 to the party you are voting for (if they get over 15% of the vote). So you are averaging an election each year from Local, State and Federal elections, and each year voters are giving up $5 to the people they are voting for (currently about $2.50 for each ballot paper).
    That means about $20 million for the two major parties at each election... plus $1 per year per vote to go to their re-election war-chest, and three years ago they wanted to increase it to $4 per year per vote.

So you can see why they want to make you keep voting, and make the public think that you have to fill out the ballot paper. Because even though it is legal to put in a blank ballot paper, no politicians gets your $5 of tax-payer's money if you do put it in blank.

Okay, now that we have gotten past that rant, the point Trent was making was that you don't have to vote for the two major parties. Vote for an independent or a minor party... or donkey vote (don't fill it out properly or at all, so that it invalid).

I have a couple mates who walk in get signed off and walk out, one of the volunteers got into an argument with one of them once saying they must take a ballot paper. Apparently you don't even need to do that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Default Hasbro 3rd quarter earnings report

Sometimes these earnings reports will reveal some new info or details, but this one doesn't. It is still interesting to follow, to see how the Transformers Brand, and Hasbro in general, are doing (financially).

The "bad" news is that Transformers is down by about a third for a year after a Movie year. But that isn't really bad news, as a drop off is always expected after a movie year.
    The good news is that it seems that the post-movie drop off of earnings/profit for Transformers is actually better than they expected, being supported by RID (and its cartoon) and Generations.

Even Rescue Bots are doing well, along with licensing (fees) for Transformers in general (despite licensing as a whole being down), prompting comments of them needing to look into broadening the Brand on a global scale to maximise all areas, not just the core toy element.

Default Hasbro 2016 first quarter financial report

For anyone else who follows these things, Hasbro have just had their financial report presentation for the first quarter of 2016, and on the whole they have improved on a year ago, but took a hit to their licensing revenue (which is only about 5% of their earnings, and their main revenue is from toys, so they shouldn't be worried about licensing if they keep failing to use it as free marketing (by making it cheap or free) in order to draw the general public into buying their main revenue products - the toys).

Despite the absence of a Transformers movie to drive up sales, they had a 20% increase over Q1 of 2015 (excluding licensing), most likely thanks to the Star Wars movie in the previous quarter (toy sales for the months after the December release).
    With a Star Wars Movie every December, and a Transformers movie every June for the next three years, the revenue and profit growth should be more levelled during that time, as opposed to their recent ups and downs between each Transformers Movie.

Anyway, there are some slides and states posted up on TFW from the presentation to digest.