Thread: Hasbro Financial Earnings Reports (ongoing)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The way Hasbro gets commission from it's international branches always seems odd to me. You don't see Apple HQ in Cupertino getting commissions from it's sales around the world, they just take all the money they make as a global business and put it into bank accounts around the world till it's needed.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The way Hasbro gets commission from it's international branches always seems odd to me. You don't see Apple HQ in Cupertino getting commissions from it's sales around the world, they just take all the money they make as a global business and put it into bank accounts around the world till it's needed.
    Which is why the Australian government is trying to crack down on them. the reason they do that is it's a great way to avoid tax.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yes... the Hasbro model means they pay their taxes here, and in addition to paying for the costs of their local branch office and their taxes, they pay the American head office for the privilege of accessing Hasbro products to sell here.
    But since the American head office requires US$, at a certain amount each quarter, the AU$ amount has to meet that required US$ amount... which means higher prices if the AU$ value plunges like it has been recently.

Those companies that have been dodging tax and GST by setting themselves up as a foreign entity exporting their products into Australia to their customers via a "local" company, is why the Government is wanting to crack down on all online sales... ruining it for those of us who were buying small amounts of products from actual foreign sources GST-free.

The government is BS'ing you that Apple doesn't pay GST. Every receipt I get from Apple has GST as part of the total.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

The government is BS'ing you that Apple doesn't pay GST. Every receipt I get from Apple has GST as part of the total.
    I think they're talking about the supply end of the chain, importing the products, not the retail end.

Yes, not all are dodging both taxes, but my mis-grammatically structured sentence was meant to mean that some are dodging (regular) tax and others are dodging GST, while some are dodging both.

Tax legislation is so massive in this country, there are heaps of loopholes for the rich to pay their army of accountants to find... and the rest of us pay higher taxes to cover the cost of funding all the necessary services that they and us use.

What we really need is people in Canberra that know how to run a country properly in both parties. I'm fed up with all of them and their BS.

What we really need is people in Canberra that know how to run a country properly in both parties. I'm fed up with all of them and their BS.
    Then don't vote for them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain