Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11SW Skywarp

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Remember folks, this is Hasbro Asia. They have made a MP by looking at the aftermarket prices and then releasing what the market wants at the highest possible price. EVERY. SINGLE. Hasbro Asia release has been like this. I fail to see why people are surprised that this one isn't different.

Another point is that if Hasbro Asia are doing this, then it is a good indicator that there are no plans for Hasbro US to release Skywarp in the MP-11 mould in the near future.

I'll be picking this up
    The newly released mp-10 is not highly priced and is by hasbro Asia
    My point is this piece is minus cape minus stand plus$$ I not disputing what they price is right is not great that's all. With anything is still below$200 mark.

It is what it is. But thought I pointed it out

I disagree with the fact hasbro us is not releasing though.
    Grimlock was released after they did a white box version.
    There isn't any indication on this box that it is a pure exclusive but saying that so was acid storm.

just wondering if anybody would be able to quickly tell me (off the top of their head) what other models Hasbro Asia have released as "exclusives" in the past before. I tried looking online but my google skills are obviously lacking.

Like a few others I am super keen on getting mp11 versions of the main 3 seekers - however, am grappling with the price.

I don't blame Hasbro though - a product should be worth what people are willing to pay for it, and if they get enough people willing to pay $200 for this, then they've done well. Releasing something that is in high demand at a higher price point is just smart business..

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post
    just wondering if anybody would be able to quickly tell me (off the top of their head) what other models Hasbro Asia have released as "exclusives" in the past before. I tried looking online but my google skills are obviously lacking

I don't blame Hasbro though - a product should be worth what people are willing to pay for it, and if they get enough people willing to pay $200 for this, then they've done well. Releasing something that is in high demand at a higher price point is just smart business..
    I am not too sure, the white box grimlock which I don't even know what so exclusive about it.

Other exclusives are tiger track and silver streak. Oh mp-10 bath ape, and evangelion colours.

I let the others fill in about exclusive

While I can agree with price point. It's not entirely great when you see what happened to grimlock. A $240 figure when as low as $120 or so and yes though there are differences but are not that major.

I probably wouldn't had made noise if it was the same price as mp-11 but being they reduced the accessories I felt short changed for the price.

thanks for the info..

and don't get me wrong - I also believe that it's the public's right to say that they think that something isn't worth the money; and of course they don't have to buy it. I just meant that I can understand why Hasbro Asia would be milking this for all that it's worth. And yeah, I get where you're coming from in regards to the regret at seeing a product then released elsewhere for cheaper - but that's also just common marketing, people who "must have this now" will also deem that product to be worth more than others. So after a period of time where those people buy theirs, the company can get more sales by pricing the product for the masses.

It IS quite highly sought after - and obviously is causing all sorts of internal dilemmas with people on this forum - and so it's working for them

BBTS's preorder is up, but it's $200. I just have to figure out what the cost is including shipping from both BBTS and HK stores and see if adding it to my POL will make it overall cheaper.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post
    thanks for the info..

and don't get me wrong - I also believe that it's the public's right to say that they think that something isn't worth the money; and of course they don't have to buy it. I just meant that I can understand why Hasbro Asia would be milking this for all that it's worth.

It IS quite highly sought after - and obviously is causing all sorts of internal dilemmas with people on this forum.
    Like I said is fine if it is really an exclusive. What I fear is this isn't one of them as it is a main character of the three major seekers which I find it may be released in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Like I said is fine if it is really an exclusive. What I fear is this isn't one of them as it is a main character of the three major seekers which I find it may be released in the end.
    totally agree with you.

That's awesome. I actually want him way more than Bumblebee, for some reason.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I hate Hasbro Asia for this release. Why couldnt Takara have done this themselves along with Thundercracker?!? Now Hasbro Asia have screwed up the direction of the wing insignias, and god knows if Thundercracker will make it into this MP styled packaging as well.

After they cut corners on the reissue of MP-8X, I've lost my faith in Hasbro Asia. They just want to do quick and dirty repaints and charge a shit load for them. I mean, $200 for this when MP-22 Ultra Magnus (bigger, better, and a brand new unique mold) is only $150?!!?

And MP-11SW?!? You mean one of the core Season 1 characters cant even get his own unique numbering in the MP line? Hasbro Asia screwing up again. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Megatran Guest

Woke up to this!

Good to see its release given some have been hangin' out for this mould on Skywarp.

I wonder what this release will do to those trying to sell the existing TT & Hasbro Masterpiece Skywarp. I'm one of those.