Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-11SW Skywarp

So why does Hasbro Asia get to do this before an official Takara release? And what can one infer from this as to what Takara will or will not do with regards to the release of an mp-11 based skywarp/thundercracker?

Any qualities differences, patience and time differences between releases aside, its an issue of cost for me, as others have pointed out- Hasbro Asia's pricing have in the past been quite higher (chasing secondary market demand) than a retail Takara release of the same figure.

As a keen collector of the current MP line (mostly Takara versions), of course Ive been eagerly waiting for mp-11 redecoed Skywarp and Thundercracker. I'm tempted by this, but it seems overpriced so I will hold out for a Takara release.

My personal reassurance (although its a different scenario):

I remember the $250/$300 or so Asian Convention exclusive MP Grimlock a while back - in the special white box. Some vendors/people on other sites were touting this as the final chance to own an MP Grimlock, because Takara had already reissued MP grimlock a while back, and they would not do another. Secondary market prices were going for around $250 due to the hot MP line, and lack of supply. Heck I almost bought the MP Grimlock from parra fair for $230... insane when I think about it, glad I passed.

Lo and behold not long after Takara reissued MP Grimlock again- it was close to the original RRP - lower than the exclusive.

Just seems to make sense that Takara will release retail versions of MP11 Skywarp and Thundercracker.

tl;dr Tempting, but overpriced. Will wait for Takara Version. Logically, Takara should release MP11 Skywarp and Thundercracker down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    So why does Hasbro Asia get to do this before an official Takara release?
    Because they're choosing to invest in releasing it and no one else currently is?

This mould must be on its way out too, surely - Starscream, Thundercracker, Acid Storm, two Sunstorms and now this? If anyone thinking of buying this is also the kind of person who likes to have a whinge here or here then this is definitely the toy for them.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm wanting to jump on this not only because I love the character and the MP11 mould but because I think that it may be the only opportunity to get this figure, I have a feeling that TT are not interested in releasing an MP11 Skywarp, I think their focus is on new figures and a repaint of each new figure. They already put out MP11 Starscream and a repaint into Sunstorm and perhaps in their minds the numbers aren't there for an MP11 Skywarp and Thundercracker. I may be way off though.

By giving Hasbro Asia the opportunity to do MP Skywarp, and also most likely a Thundercracker is in the works. Maybe its a sign, because TT has plenty of other releases lined up, and because of this, A theoretical release by TT, people would have to wait another full year? just my speculation. To me this is sound reasoning. I just think the price is unacceptable. With a Hasbro Asia release fans, can have it much sooner, and the demand is surely there.

i just think that it's a blatant money grab. There's no stand, crown, cape or coin, but they want $200 for it? Sorry, it's an exclusive, ooohhhhh...oh, wait, you get a dinky Megatron included.
    It's not too bad for those that have the old Takara or Hasbro version & can do without, but i feel bad for the guys that've started collecting MP's recently & are forced to endure this sort of ridiculous price gouging.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i just think that it's a blatant money grab. There's no stand, crown, cape or coin, but they want $200 for it? Sorry, it's an exclusive, ooohhhhh...oh, wait, you get a dinky Megatron included.
    It's not too bad for those that have the old Takara or Hasbro version & can do without, but i feel bad for the guys that've started collecting MP's recently & are forced to endure this sort of ridiculous price gouging.
    Agreed. It's a budget release pretending to be a premium collectors item.

As much as i want TC and SW with my SS, Acidstorm and Sunstorm i wont be getting this.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Agreed, basically that's my view.

I don't want to slam it hard either as I might end up buying one.
    But I do feel a bit short changed for what it is compared to a hasbro tru release.
    Might be one of those where there is an eBay deal and I can buy it at more reasonable price like what I paid for mp-11/11s at under $150 delivered.

I dunno about waiting for a deal. Yes, it is overpriced. Yes, you get nothing with it. But a lot of people have been waiting for this for a long time. I reckon it'll sell well.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would go for a thunder cracker. Pretty sure if hasbro tru ever comes out the sw it will be quite colour correct as it's black.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So of those who are purchasing this guy, where are you getting him from?

Ehobbybaseshop seems to have the best price ($169.99 USD) but adding in shipping it is still expensive. You are looking at around $230 AUD. Any other options?