Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2015 - Chicago June 18-21

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    easier said then done my friend
    Been there, done that (twice).

Currently down to Stage 2 patches. Best of luck with the effort. Hardest thing (beyond two days of being an utter prick to everyone) was the habitual stuff, the routine of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    easier said then done my friend
    I know, I've never had to myself but I've had a couple friends over the years who've tried and succeeded, not easy for sure but something that is definitely achievable.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Give yourself a couple of attempts before you go, because the last thing you want to do is leave it until the last minute, and then be forced to go cold-turkey for 7-10 days.

This week's episode of Chow Masters, featured Chicago, and a number of gourmet and extravagant hotdogs.... which have now been noted for next June

(Although, I think more of New York when it comes to hotdogs, so the priority will still be for the Chicago-style pizza if I go to Chicago.)

Chicago is famous for their hotdogs with pickle. They're everywhere but I only tried one once, that was enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Chicago is famous for their hotdogs with pickle. They're everywhere but I only tried one once, that was enough for me.
    Fascinating. I did not know there were so many hotdog outlets, or that there was a "Chicago style hotdog"... which has the meat being beef, and a refusal to have ketchup as a condiment.

I guess that explains the episodes of "Chow Masters" and "Man Finds Food", both recently featuring hotdogs in Chicago.
    (one shown on Chow Masters had two types of wiener/sausage on the bun, topped with mac&cheese... drool ).

A recent email from FunPub noted that they are aiming to have pre-registration start in late January... so based on past estimates of theirs, it should be in March.

When there are full reveals of toys or artwork, I'll split it off to a separate news topic, but there are advance teases coming out first.

Based on a tweet by FunPub for the cover of #61 of their Club Magazine (saying that the "moustache" is returning - a Shattered Glass concept), as well as something apparently in the current issue of the Club Magazine - #60, there is speculation that the 2015 BotCon could be a return to Shattered Glass/Mirror-verse.
    This is because, usually the Magazine and Convention stories are linked, and the Magazine heavily promotes the Convention for 3 or 4 of its 6 annual issues... but one of the FunPub people has dispelled that speculation with...

BotCon 2015 does NOT take place in Shattered Glass. Sorry. (snip) SG STILL is one of our best selling concepts though, so I am sure we will be visiting the concept again in toy form.
    But that only rules out a return to the Mirror Universe, it doesn't rule out Mirror-verse characters in the regular Universe, like the Invasion story in 2012.

Any guesses on who's face that is in the tweet?

Apparently the theme of next year's convention will be announced in the week of New Years Day.

From the BotCon twitter...

It will NOT be a con set theme we have done before NOR will it be set in a Universe that we have used for a con set before.
    So.... it shouldn't be a theme that they've done at a previous BotCon (like Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Mirror-verse, etc), nor will it be a story set in an existing Universe used for a previous BotCon (like Wings Universe, Gen1/BW Universe, Mirror Universe). However, it should be noted that the tweet was a clarification, that now suggests that they have used this theme somewhere in their past toys or Club Comic, but NOT as a previous BotCon comic or box-set of toys.

Unfortunately, they have 10 years and over 150 toys to process to narrow down what that could mean. It would probably be quicker just waiting the two weeks and seeing the reveal.
    But does anyone have any guesses as to what that might include? (a theme used by the Club, but not used as a BotCon theme)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    From the BotCon twitter...

So.... it shouldn't be a theme that they've done at a previous BotCon (like Beast Wars, Machine Wars, Mirror-verse, etc), nor will it be a story set in an existing Universe used for a previous BotCon (like Wings Universe, Gen1/BW Universe, Mirror Universe). However, it should be noted that the tweet was a clarification, that now suggests that they have used this theme somewhere in their past toys or Club Comic, but NOT as a previous BotCon comic or box-set of toys.

Unfortunately, they have 10 years and over 150 toys to process to narrow down what that could mean. It would probably be quicker just waiting the two weeks and seeing the reveal.
    But does anyone have any guesses as to what that might include? (a theme used by the Club, but not used as a BotCon theme)
    Transtech?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A recent email from FunPub noted that they are aiming to have pre-registration start in late January... so based on past estimates of theirs, it should be in March.
    Hehehe... and there I was being sarcastic, way back in Mid-December.
    And we are still waiting three months later (in two days time).