Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    Just got the X-Transbots Apollyon yesterday and fiddled with it:

Only issues are:

1. Yes the right arm won't hold outwards with gun attached BUT he will hold the gun up with NO problems (stock shoulders no replacement)
    2. One of the hand's thumb keep popping off (KFC hands are notorious for this)
    3. After collapsing the torso it's very very difficult to pull him back up again
    4. One of the arm's elbows can get a little stuck in the arm cavity
    5. the left leg wont tab back in as securely as in the beginning after pulling it out (EDIT: nevermind - you need to tab all THREE pegs in - the last peg in the middle is very fiddly as that peg doesn't hold up at all - a design fault definitely)
    6. It can be hard to pull the legs back out when transforming back to bot mode.

I think that's it - the arm problem I fixed with nail polish and attempted to do the same with left leg as well.

No breakages to speak of, no scratches to speak of and I think a lot of breakage might be due to incorrectly attempting to transform him - as it is quite complicated. However I think he's far more solid than MP-5 ever was and robot mode is spot on.
    primetimex is online now Give a News Credit Point to primetimex Report Post
    Appreciate the run down of QC issues. Still, all things considered it's a decent figure and definitely the most accurate G1 Megs to date. Mine just arrived yesterday but haven't had a chance to take him out of the box yet. Only thing I noticed through the window was a minor scratch in the centre of his chest. A deception label should mostly cover it up. I'm inclined to wait for Reprolabels though. Sounds like they're already working on a set. Hoping to have a play on Friday if all goes well.

Regardless, it's nice to finally have him in hand. I hope you guys all get yours very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Appreciate the run down of QC issues. Still, all things considered it's a decent figure and definitely the most accurate G1 Megs to date.
    From my point of view transforming Apollyon is no more difficult than say transforming MP Rodimus or MP-Megatron - I followed paik4life's youtube Apollyon review as reference.

But yeah those spindly arm armatures/hinges and that spindly waist filler bar can be a killer if you're not watching what you're doing during transforms as they can be very easily snapped off, but at least it's not like MP Rodimus with his rubbish plastics where things fall off for no particular reason due to stripping of poor quality plastics used.

I'll just leave him in bot mode after initial transform as the gun mode is too fat anyway - I can always use the G1 as a gun - much more closer to proper size I think.

As for the Decepticon insignia - I just used the free holo-insignia from Reprolabels - works a treat.

But man Apollyon is really the best Megatron so far whichever angles you view him it's pretty spot-on - the downside is it make the MP Megatron looks like s**t LOL.

This going to sound pretty weird....but....im probally never transforming to alt mode

I just want the robot mode and think that looks the bees knees

Non megs is going in shelf with other cons. Next to him will be an MP meg in gun mode. Thats how it will all stay.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    This going to sound pretty weird....but....im probally never transforming to alt mode

I just want the robot mode and think that looks the bees knees

Non megs is going in shelf with other cons. Next to him will be an MP meg in gun mode. Thats how it will all stay.
    Same with me, to be honest I've never transformed Hasbro MP soundwave, MP Prime, any MP-11 seeker apart from acid storm... However my cars, di(n)oblts, and ultra magnus get transformed at least once or twice weekly. Apollyon will be forever in glorious bot mode between soundwave and quakewave.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Sorry for double post, but I just checked aliexpress for the packaging dimensions... can anyone who has an apollyon already confirm that the box is smaller than scoria's box? Cheers.

I'd love to help you out but I didn't get Scoria. Hopefully someone here who has both can be of more assistance.

I opened my Apollyon last night. He's a bit scary to transform, you definitely have to be careful of a few pieces that could easily bend or break. I think transforming him will be a rarity now. Once you've done it once it's not too hard, just fiddly. I'm more concerned about those fragile pieces.

The orange cap from the gun tip was removed easily from mine, there was no glue. I might've just been lucky. However the cap on the silencer was a bit more effort. There only seemed to be glue on one side, and by poking it with a screwdriver from the other side and slowly working my way around the tip towards the one glued spot by applying pressure, cracked the glue relatively easily (still, that part was scary too).

Had to apply some clear nail polish to the shoulder joints to tighten them up as well. I was reluctant to use the included ball joint fixes after reading that they were far too tight and caused stress marks. The elbow rotation issue that presented itself on the review samples seems to have been corrected.

The paint apps are very well done though, and they seem to be reasonably resistant to nicks during transformation, especially the chest collapse.

I must say though, he looks damn fine standing next to his nemesis, MP-10 Optimus Prime. He was well worth the cost.

Here's a couple of pics:

Last edited by AJ_Prime; 24th May 2015 at 05:11 PM.

This bad boy comes in robot mode in packaging right?

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    This bad boy comes in robot mode in packaging right?
    He sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    He sure does.
    Awesome, thanks AJ

Seems that wa guys are getting their apollyons first. Did you get a tracking number? Anyone from sydney get theirs yet? I'm eagerly awaiting mine!