Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast

Thread: X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Swapped the loose ball joints for the tighter ones supplied seperately. Used the cute little screwdriver, also supplied.

There's also a little black cylinder/cog looking thing that I have no idea where it goes. Need to look that up I think.
    Did you find they were ok? I tried a tight one and it was an absolute nightmare, so much so that I'd warm others not to install them.

Though it may vary from toy to toy, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Auspost estimate: Thursday.
    Today: Thursday.
    Current Location: Queensland
    Scratch that, turns out i'm the idiot, it's scheduled for next Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Did you find they were ok? I tried a tight one and it was an absolute nightmare, so much so that I'd warm others not to install them.

I had a little trouble posing the figure with the fitted ones, so I decided to do the fix. It's easy enough to do (can be done by removing only one screw - I can do a pictorial fix tutorial on the weekend if you like), but I made the mistake of putting one of the ball joints on the body before attaching it to the arm first - it was so tight I couldn't move the socket without the arm attached as leverage. So I had to insert the socket into the arm while it was attached to body, which was tricky.

In all, I much prefer the tighter ones. Posing the figure is a lot easier, even though I can only move the arm in one direction, as I mentioned before.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I much prefer the tighter joints. Very happy with them.

Transformed mine back and fourth a few times, not sure what everyone's taking about as I find it quite easy. Only thing I try to make sure of is supporting the metal armatures the am and leg assemblies are attached to.

Got mine today, finally!
    Out of box and first impressions are good, very solid, no major QC issues apart from a faint scratch on the chest that's only visible from certain angles and will be covered in no time with a Decepticon sticker anyway!

His shoulders are a little loose as expected but will see about fixing that up later on. One thing to watch out for, i almost lost the tip of his thumb since it wasn't quite wedged into the ball joint socket out of box.
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 16th June 2015 at 03:15 PM.

Got mine yesterday, thanks TFIdownunder. First impressions were good, but on closer inspection, the quality of the moldings and plastics are not as good as, say, fans project/maketoys. The black bits are all quite dirty and scuffed, I had a scratch on the right shin, and a QC issue with the left thigh panel not springing back up fully. The left thumb was also very loose requiring a little mod to fix. Shoulders are loose as expected.

Still happy with it though, looks great in robot mode - would have been perfect if the plastic quality and mold quality were of better quality.

I feel like the plastic quality is fine, but some of the cuts on edges are a little rough looking. It could be something to do with the silver paint job though, not sure. I was happy to see that the chest dimples are pretty much non-existant on mine at least - even under various lighting and angles. My collector card though, looks like someone went over it with a metal scour brush!

For the price (especially with all the accessories), i think overall it compares very favourably with the official MPs of this size.

yes, my chest dimples were not there either, but had some little paint defects on the silver, little drops of missing paint. The accessories are nice, although I would have liked a silver gun that came with the G1 toy. I saw a you tube video stating that the extra black bit which came with the extra shoulder parts was for the cannon/gun mode... can anyone verify this?

From TFW

Additional Adapter: If you're wondering what the aditional black adapter is for. This was added at the last minute. To convert your alt mode accessories into the secondary battle stand. You'll notice that one of the attachments is a (+ to o). This adapter fits between them so that they can be attach. If you configure your accessories in apollyon's battle stand where the handles are at his handheld level, this adapter is not needed.