Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Apparently in stock now at TFI... I have a feeling getting this is going to give me the biggest sense of contentment i've had in my time collecting
    Should arrive at our doors soon.

BTW, TFI are/were looking for a web developer, thought you might be interested... They do rather need a good one.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

It could definitely use some work but yeah shopping carts aren't really my thing. Too much hassle from their unique requirements (that aren't usually clear until you've finished making it!).

It's no surprise it's bad, cause a good site should be a hefty investment and he's probably been burned by someone not charging enough... and not really knowing what they're doing. Since that's most people in the web industry... including me when it comes to shopping carts

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    It could definitely use some work but yeah shopping carts aren't really my thing. Too much hassle from their unique requirements (that aren't usually clear until you've finished making it!).

It's no surprise it's bad, cause a good site should be a hefty investment and he's probably been burned by someone not charging enough... and not really knowing what they're doing. Since that's most people in the web industry... including me when it comes to shopping carts
    Yeah the site is made in word press and all the features are plug-ins, it's not ideal at all, the thing I dont like the most is not having a user account to be able to view like all current orders and which are paid for all at once etc (unless I'm missing something). I've dabbled in php a lot over the years, but honestly I'm a lot more comfortable with ASP/VB... Unfortunately I've been out of the game since .net was gaining momentum, and have never had anything to do with encryption/payments etc. I made a prototype of an online store for a mum'n'pop computer store, and a mock up of a custom web based forum using xml as storage method instead of a database (cheaper hosting maybe, or not having to pay sql license), and was so glad when I was given the forum project, which I wrote from scratch for RMCH, but our company went belly up before it went live

Tld;dr Tfi is lacking features and needs an update, but I' not game to put my hand up, though I'm sure I could take a fair wack at it and give it most of the features and a good look/layout...

Edit: also i'm crossing all my fingers that I'm in the first batch of apollyon, however from the price I paid I don't think I will be, and if i'm not then i'll just gear up for an amazing June with UW superion, CW defensor, apollyon, sever, tesla, and hopefully spinout and brawny!

Looking at the tracking he posted, NSW -> QLD ... now the anticipation of waiting for tracking and watch it to come back to NSW lol

Just got the X-Transbots Apollyon yesterday and fiddled with it:

Only issues are:

1. Yes the right arm won't hold outwards with gun attached BUT he will hold the gun up with NO problems (stock shoulders no replacement)
    2. One of the hand's thumb keep popping off (KFC hands are notorious for this)
    3. After collapsing the torso it's very very difficult to pull him back up again
    4. One of the arm's elbows can get a little stuck in the arm cavity
    5. the left leg wont tab back in as securely as in the beginning after pulling it out (EDIT: nevermind - you need to tab all THREE pegs in - the last peg in the middle is very fiddly as that peg doesn't hold up at all - a design fault definitely)
    6. It can be hard to pull the legs back out when transforming back to bot mode.

I think that's it - the arm problem I fixed with nail polish and attempted to do the same with left leg as well.

No breakages to speak of, no scratches to speak of and I think a lot of breakage might be due to incorrectly attempting to transform him - as it is quite complicated. However I think he's far more solid than MP-5 ever was and robot mode is spot on.
    primetimex is online now Give a News Credit Point to primetimex Report Post

Thanks for the review

im awaiting mine from TFI

so the nail polish is the way to go? never done that on a fig before

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    so the nail polish is the way to go? never done that on a fig before
    Yes you should try it - it's a collector's best friend I'd say if you ever had to fix loose joints etc - just get some clear nail polish from cosmetics section etc I got mine at Red Dot lol - start off with thin layers nothing overboard and see how it goes.

I don't know why so many people who posted on TFW2005 have so many issues with this figure - some are nitpicking like paint overspray, paint nicks etc - but some maybe due to improper transformation - leading to breaking of arm hinges etc - which can be FRAGILE if you twist them the wrong way.

Overall I reckon the transformation is no more scary than MP-5 and at least the figure feels a lot more solid - it's G1 Megatron realised - cartoon accurate nuff said.

My Apollyon's right shoulder ball-joint also needed the nail polish fix.

I found collapsing the torso more difficult than pulling it back out.

Mine also has a tendency to lean back due to weak ankles.

oh well, my PO has been filled a week ago, but since I'm going overseas I can't have it delivered else I will definitely miss the delivery. Guess Il have to wait it out patiently heheheh. Good thing though that you guys have been posting what's wrong with the figure so I can anticipate it and also the fixes ..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Holy crap.....I want my Apollyon!!! Now!!!!!!