Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too...

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I just cannot keep up with all the figures, weapons and heads they show off. Ii am lost in a sea of Transformers references and other versions i dont understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Well I do have a wiki page listing of all their designs.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Play_With_This_Too

They have a whole toy line planned, the question is what figures will they be able to get off the ground?
    I think that is their main problem. Instead of concentrating on one thing, they have spread themselves too thin and can't get off the ground. I think they should focus on one or two figures and once they're out, regroup and then they can splurge on the universe they want to create.

Even though they are currently updating their stuff, all it seems to me is:
    flounder, flounder and a bit more flounder.

I think they have focused on a few designs now, they will be revealing them shortly. These accessories are for those figures.

Another image of the dinosaur skull shield went out today. According to Play With This Too's Facebook page the full figure reveal will come Thursday night at a pre-BotCon party.

I also noticed that the image is tagged #boneyard on Tumblr. As you may recall Boneyard was one of the late stretch goal figures from the Kickstarter, and was one a lot of people said they should have started with. Perhaps it's been bumped up the design ladder and has new accessories?

Play With This Too has revealed the first images of one of the figures to be part of their revival.

Quote Originally Posted by Play With This Too
    Redesigned and ready for print! Our next reveal will be the 3D renders for Jetstrike. Both figures will be part of our Kickstarter "Remix" right out the gate. Prototypes and more info coming soon!
    According to Facebook responses, they plan to have printed and painted prototypes before the new Kickstarter begins. A definite improvement! I think people will like seeing the physical toys.

http://www.playwiththistoo.com

Play With This Too recently posted some details on how their second Kickstarter will be different. They simplified the pricing structure, and are limiting it to 8 figures total.

From Play With This Too:
    We haven't hashed out the Kickstarter yet, but it will most likely work based of this concept:

*Let's for right now say there are 8 figures - 4 different Boneyard decos and 4 different Jetstrike decos...

Pay XYZ - pick 1 of any figure (from 8 choices available)
    Pay XY2 - pick 2 of any figures (from 8 choices available)
    Pay XY3 - pick 3 of any figures (from 8 choices available)
    etc
    etc
    etc
    Then we'll do a Play With It All option for 1 of all 8 figures available

We're going to be focused on just the Boneyard and Jetstrike molds for right now. We probably won't show any stretch goals until we're more than 3/4 of the way funded.

We still love Desolataur, but the Kickstarter won't focus on his base figure.

We'll be showing off all the figure decos and weapons before the Kickstarter launches.

Some bullet points I gleened from Play With This Too's recent online posts:

-The new KS will be late this year or early next.
    -There will be 8 figures in the KS, 4 variants of Boneyard and 4 variants of Jetstrike.
    -The pricing structure of the upcoming KS will be simplified (one price for any 1 figure, another price for any 2, and another price for any 3, etc.)
    -Stretch goals will not be revealed until the KS is about 75% funded.
    -Tech drones have been redesigned, and will probably be stretch goals.
    -Jetstrike and Boneyard have been redesigned to share some common parts.
    -Desolataur buck is being redesigned for more articulation.
    -Ankhor/Mainsail design is being redone to use some parts from Boneyard/Jetstrike.

Play With This Too recently announced on their Facebook page that Boneyard and Jetstrike will each ship with two additional heads. So if there were any of the head from those Head Shots they teased back in the first Kickstarter, and thought would look good on a gladiator or jet armor body, this would be a good time to tell them.

https://www.facebook.com/PWTToo/phot...type=1&theater

They said Boneyard is getting 3 recolors. So molding a total of four heads for it makes sense. One head to be the main head for each deco of the body. Then with the four weapons, each of the four color variations can have different a head and weapon.

I posted that I would like to see the undead warrior Litchknife and the dinosaur headed Big Mac Roche on Boneyard.
    Last edited by Scaleface; 6th July 2015 at 10:36 AM.

Two recent tweeted replies from Play With This Too might be of interest to those following them...

@JasontheDoombot Jetstrike is almost done. Just want to get Boneyard printed and shown before we reveal the redesigned Jetstrike.
    and

@deathformer Looking to launch it later this year in a few months. Hopefully around September/October? Not trying to wait until 2016.
    So Jetstrike's render will be revealed after we see the Boneyard prototype, and the Kickstarter could start as soon as 2-3 months from now!

Also, just announced, the Boneyard figure prototype will be revealed at TFcon Canada 2015!

New image from Play With This Too for the upcoming TFcon 2015 reveal.
    Of course the obligatory fan-made enhancement of the image using autolevel on a paint program so you can see the details.

https://www.facebook.com/PWTToo/phot...type=1&theater

Why bother with this tease, when they released a beautiful full colour of him earlier? Am I missing something (re old, new parts, etc)
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!