Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Play With This Too...

That's pretty good but not sure about Boneyard's proportions. It could be that the bulky armor makes it look a bit goofy.

Yeah, Desolataur's armour fits much more naturally by comparison. Didn't realise Boneyard is bigger than Desolataur. I feel like the Pretender monsters should be slightly larger and more imposing than the Pretender humans.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's pretty good but not sure about Boneyard's proportions. It could be that the bulky armor makes it look a bit goofy.
    True, and yet I'd feel kind of disappointed if a toy based on an Autobot pretender shell didn't look goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Yeah, Desolataur's armour fits much more naturally by comparison. Didn't realise Boneyard is bigger than Desolataur. I feel like the Pretender monsters should be slightly larger and more imposing than the Pretender humans.
    Well, one thing you have to consider is they plan future figures that mix parts. For instance Muscules (aka Stranglehold) has basically the upper body of Desolataur and the lower body of Jetstrike. So they are all going to be the same height. I think this Boneyard only looks bigger because he's standing tall, while Desolataur is hunched over.
    Last edited by Scaleface; 14th August 2015 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    True, and yet I'd feel kind of disappointed if a toy based on an Autobot pretender shell didn't look goofy.
    True enough

Play With This Too posted the prototype images of Jetstrike (and his recolors) on their web site. They did say they are changing a few things to make the proportions better. I also note that the joints on this prototype are a little loose, which will be fixed. This is only prototype materials.

The toy will come with 3 head options, 2 sets of hands, helmet, wings, as well as arm cannons and maces that come apart into 5mm peg and port pieces to make into different configurations.

Kickstarter will begin in September. This figure will be available in 4 different colors sets as well as unpainted for customizers to come up with their own designs.

Nice. The robot 'Screamer' head should probably be smaller so that it feels more like he is a robot wearing a big human suit of armor - Yeah I know how ridiculous that sounds but it is the Pretender concept

Nice. The robot 'Screamer' head should probably be smaller so that it feels more like he is a robot wearing a big human suit of armor - Yeah I know how ridiculous that sounds but it is the Pretender concept
    Yeah. It doesn't look like the robot head fits in the human head, but then we have also have had peeks at the PWTToo fiction. This isn't supposed to be a strict updated "Pretender Starscream".

It's "original character" (who just is inspired by Pretender Starscream). In their stories the characters are humans who wear advanced armor that grants them powers. So Jetstrike here is a guy wearing a Starscream-inspired armored suit. That "robot head" is actually a battle mask he wears over his human face, that looks like Starscream. This guy is actually a hero too.

I wonder though, for people who want him a little more Starscream like, how would it look to put the Construct-Bots Starscream head on this body? It's a bit smaller, and more G1 Starscream looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Yeah. It doesn't look like the robot head fits in the human head, but then we have also have had peeks at the PWTToo fiction. This isn't supposed to be a strict updated "Pretender Starscream".

It's "original character" (who just is inspired by Pretender Starscream). In their stories the characters are humans who wear advanced armor that grants them powers. So Jetstrike here is a guy wearing a Starscream-inspired armored suit. That "robot head" is actually a battle mask he wears over his human face, that looks like Starscream. This guy is actually a hero too.

I wonder though, for people who want him a little more Starscream like, how would it look to put the Construct-Bots Starscream head on this body? It's a bit smaller, and more G1 Starscream looking.

Yeah but I don't think many people would be buying these just for 'Their story'

Yeah but I don't think many people would be buying these just for 'Their story'
    You are right of course. I am probably one of the biggest followers of Third Party Transformer fiction out there, most people ignore it completely. I actually read KFC comics, and FansProject comics. They are quite fun.

Thing you have to remember is that Play With This Too is unlike any "third party Transformer" company out there. They are based in the US, and all the owners are publically known former Hasbro employees. They simply cannot make copies of Hasbro characters legally. They know they can make stuff that generally evokes Transformers themes enough to maybe interest fans, but they have to make things original enough to be considered new characters and not piss off Hasbro's legal department. That's why this is a line of 6 inch tall heroic space men fighting space monsters, who just HAPPEN to look a little like some Transformers characters.

--

Oh, they just announced there will be an all-white figure made for customizers to paint up as this like, and it will haver a fun box:

His bio is going to be a Mad Lib that you fill in. He'll come in a white box you can also customize.