Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey

Default Hey

Hey every one,

I have been prowling around the board for a bit and decided to introduce myself.
    Ive been a pretty big tf fan ever since I was a kid. Ive collected some here and there
    but i never owned more than 7 tfs from a series(till now) (I totally skipped beast machines because of certain reasons and missed out armada).

There was a pretty big drought for a while until I found a cybertron primus on clearance at a certain k-mart. Since then, ive been growing a pretty decent sized collection. Im not really a hardcore collecter, and only get tfs I like whether character or toy(also love a bargain ).

Im also not a g1 collecter because I love posability so much. Though I do like the
    combiners and the ones with a base alt mode.
    Okay so I do want g1 prime(my first tf ever), Megatron, Soundwave and co and shockwave but thats the only exceptions besides the above.

Good homages are my substitute.
    I was born in Australia but I have a different culture. Thats about it for now, hope I didn't ramble on lol...
    Last edited by King Atlas; 25th August 2008 at 10:54 PM.

welcome and glad the urge of speaking (in fact typing) finally reached your spark!

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Hey Mate!

Mind all the nutcases laying all over the floor...

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you've come in from the cold. I'm in the same boat. I grew up on G1 Transformers and skipped the rest of the incarnations/toylines.

I've got a G1 collection thanks to the Hasbro and Takara reissues for sentimental reasons but love the Alternators and Classics line for the homages and poseability factors.

Enjoy your time here.

Mabuhay! Welcome and thanks for finally "typing" out heheheh. Its not the size of a collection its how much its loved I always say. I started out like you getting what I want and skipping the rest. I still do now with the later series/ incarnations that comes out. But G1 , well I grew up on it, and even though, say the battlechargers arent poseable at all .... I love the concept and the characterizations given to these toys so I collect them.

As far as differences in culture concerned, no worries! This is the most multicultured board Ive been a member of and its actually what makes the board even better coz we all gel and it makes interaction more interesting, despite the differences. As far as that is concerned its never been an issue... EVER.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

welcome to madnesssssssss!! I myself is a newbie TF collector..

Primus is a great toy to restart the collecting with!

Welcome.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    I was born in Australia but I have a different culture.
    Hey King Atlas! Welcome and don't worry about being from a different culture. We even accept the New South Welsh!

We're actually in the same boat as I was born in Australia and am from a different culture as well....

...MUTANT CULTURE!

Welcome, everyone here is pretty friendly, im sure you'll enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas
    There was a pretty big drought for a while until I found a cybertron primus on clearance at a certain k-mart.
    Well IMO the drought occured in 2002 where we had no new TF line from either Hasbro or Takara. Hasbro were mostly just pumping out repaints with the tail end of Robots In Disguise and Takara were doing their Transformers Collection series G1 reissues (great for G1 collectors but it sucked for people wanting to collect new Transformers!). The drought broke when Armada/Micron Legend came out.