Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy good, reasonably cheap glass display cases

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Also on the topic of storing boxed fingers, should you wrap the box in some kind of protective wrap and if so what can you recommend?

Cheers!

i find sealing the individual digits in sandwhich bags then placing them in an ice cream container in the freezer the most effective method

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i find sealing the individual digits in sandwhich bags then placing them in an ice cream container in the freezer the most effective method
    Minty fresh when thawed

Any other tips? I've seen the detolf ones which aren't too bad but kinda narrow. The larger cabinets I saw at Ikea all had big chunky wooden doors etc.

IKEA here in Perth have Detolf for $99 at the moment. Maybe Other states too?

I have the Detolf.

It's good for 3 seekers on one shelf, 8 autobot cars (cramped but poseable), MP-05 Megatron, FT- Shockwave, Ghost Starscream and Soundwave with a couple of his buddies around him. The top shelf fits MP-01 Prime, MP22-Magnus, Grimlock, FT-Scoria with Bumblebee riding him.

It's nice, but not big enough anymore.. so i'm gonna get a custom cabinet or maybe a table that i can pose out battle scenes.. Just gotta battle the dust.

Are there any good alternatives to the IKEA cases? I live nowhere near an IKEA, and the transport company they reccomend on their website claims my postcode is "out of their range." :/

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If budget isn't a concern, shop fit glass cabinets are one of the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Are there any good alternatives to the IKEA cases? I live nowhere near an IKEA, and the transport company they reccomend on their website claims my postcode is "out of their range." :/
    It seems that once a year, Aldi stock similar cabinets, they are marginally smaller but the shelves can be adjusted. its' worth keeping an eye out if there is one near you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was at a shop the other day that was closing down (under liquidation) and they had the store's glass shelving cabinets for sale. And I would have considered buying one except the shelves were all slanted backwards (they held sheet sets) so would be no good for displaying Transformers.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    If budget isn't a concern, shop fit glass cabinets are one of the best so far.
    That is the dream, but I haven't got the budfet for it unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    It seems that once a year, Aldi stock similar cabinets, they are marginally smaller but the shelves can be adjusted. its' worth keeping an eye out if there is one near you.
    Unfortunately, no such thing as Aldi in these parts of regional QLD haha