Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Less Than Meets the Eye: The 12 Most Ridiculous Transformers of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    The ridiculousness is that his namesake is after a male genital protector.
    Not with that spelling. And a cup can also be a beverage holder. I agree that Kup as an abbreviation of "pick-up" is lame, but it's not something that's worthy of adding on an "all time" list and certainly not something that would make Kup an immediately poor character because of it.

Scattorshot and Scattorbrain are worse names IMO. Scattershot makes sense, but Scattorshot? Cos we all know what scat means. (-_-)

Then there's Lazorbeak. Lazorbeak?! That's just plain illiterate!

The idea here is that even if we accept the ridiculousness of a FEMALE robot, giving her human features such as breasts and human clothing features such as heels and lipstick is quite ridiculous.
    I agree that the idea of gender amongst Transformers is fundamentally a silly one - and as I said, I really don't like her G1 origin story either (the only story written by Furman that I really dislike). And yeah, making her all pastel pink and giving her curves etc. and the Princess Leia buns on her head are all just whacked. As I said, I fully acknowledge that Arcee was nothing more than an act of political correctness from Sunbow/Marvel. Having said that it doesn't necessarily mean that the Arcee character is inherently a poor one. Cosmetic features aside, Arcee isn't much better or worse than most other Autobot cars during the movie and Season 3. She did start sucking in The Rebirth/Headmasters though and her comic appearance was mediocre at best. :/

I think it's generally the whole concept of female TFs that is quite "wtf" worthy rather than just Arcee herself. After all, Ariel/Elita-One is equally guilty of being a big pink "curvacious" femme-bot as Arcee is. Then there's Blackarachnia whose show-model was based off an exotic dancer! (true story)

His critiques are that he hates human adults, but like kids, and he leads the Breast Force. I'm not sure he claims to have written a thesis in ALL FORMS OF G1 FICTION.
    Yeah but to be fair he should state that he is referring to Death Zaras from the G1 manga only. Death Zaras was no where near that sappy in the cartoon. Also, he didn't actively "hate" humans nor did he actively "love" children. He adopted a human child as his son and had cybernetic implants put into his bionic boy... but it wasn't as if he showed particular affection toward other human children like Jan, Patty etc. He very specifically harboured affection exclusively toward Soron - so even then it's not an entirely accurate criticism. And again, his criticism toward the Breast Force seem centred around the fact that they've used the word "breast."

But I think his inclusion of Magnus is a bit tried, and probably just an extension of the frustration that so many fans express over the passing of the torch throughout TFTM.
    "If you had let Ultra Magnus have the Matrix like I had intended then we wouldn't be in this mess now would we?" - The Rude Awakening of Optimus Prime

Are you agreeing with the author? The author is definitely referring to Movie Frenzy, which definitely is/was lame lame lame lame LAME!
    I really like movie Frenzy!

I thought his criticisms toward Frenzy was lame - sorry, the bell rang so I couldn't express anything other than "lame lame lame" before hitting the post button and running off to class.

Frenzy is a little punk, just like he and Rumble were in G1. And he was a good spy/intelligence agent, which is what the cassetticons were often used for in G1. To me the author's criticisms against Frenzy were centred around the fact that there was a CD player/radio Decepticon that wasn't called Soundwave. :/ Like... get over it.

Ultra Magnus makes that list yet Wheelie doesn't?! Bugger off!

I think you're a bit too entrenched and you're overcooking it.

"I'm not yelling! I'm just passionate!"

I found it to be quite a enjoyable read, gave me a few chuckles.

But not as many as seeing the responses from the hoardes of fanboys who take their little lumps of plastic a little too seriously and need to defend them with their lives.

I only really agree with Frenzy and Heinlad: the former because I really didn't like him in the movie, and the latter because he's a mythological creature in a toyline of otherwise realistic animals (aside from the dragons and Fuzors, of course...).

I generally like these sorts of lists as they are imaginative and witty. Unfortunately that list just doesn't have that in my opinion. I agree with a few of his points but they lacked the intended humor and I find myself rolling eyes when reading it.

I think the author is simply picking easy targets for a wider audience. Some of his arguments are very much unfunny (Fire Convoy, Shockwave), others seem to be based on his own cultural bias (Heinlad, Kup).

I don't really find the list funny, nor do I find it annoying or whatever. I just find it irrelevant.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister