Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: KO MP Ratbat

First time KO for me. I'm happy with the purchase, a great addition to the MP cassettes.

However.....

Having this in hand I can say that there is no way that it's worth buying Soundblaster just for Rattbat.

Nice try

Finally received mine today just before heading off to work and could not have been more pleasantly surprised as to how good it was for a KO! Much like Kup's one of the boosters doesn't sit a perfect 90 degrees but it's barely noticeable and not worth shedding any tears over and the paint apps are absolutely spot on, no scuffs or over-painting to be seen anywhere! Overall a great little investment and a perfect edition to my (slow) growing MP collection.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I received, opened and transformed back and forth my KO MP Ratbat.

Based on my previous experience with the official 'winged' tapes, this KO Ratbat has better quality control than the Hasbro/Tak-Tom releases. The plastic is of comparable quality and the odd paint flaws are no different than the ones you see in contemporary official toys.

Flaws: Some gold paint smear in the booster on the purple part - Easily fixed with some rubbing alcohol.

One booster does not sit at a perfect 90 degree angle but very close - Annoying but no where near as bad when compared with my Legit laserbeak/Buzzsaw experience.

This KO was a good investment and ended up with a superior satisfied experience than forking out the money for the official stuff that is broken and badly assembled.

Sad, sad times when the KO item is of superior quality and value than the legit article.
    Got mine on Sat. I agree with everything above 100% Really happy with mine.

dunno why I couldn't find this thread way back when I received mine. Wanted to post some pics so I ended up just posting them in the Acquisitions thread. Was surprised to receive it coz it came quite early and such a big box with a tiny tape figure in it hahahah. Brought it at the Parra fair but yeah not a lot of people there are interested in a KO figure ;p. It's good quality though and Im content with it rather than forking out $150 plus shipping then trying to figure out what to do with the SoundBlaster figure since I don't want that one , hahah. Good bang for my buck
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My, how times have changed. It used to be 'KO = EVIL'. I never thought I'd read a thread like this.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My, how times have changed. It used to be 'KO = EVIL'. I never thought I'd read a thread like this.
    but they are evil - evil decepticons heheheheh

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Sign of our times..

Hasbro/Tomy just became eviler.
    Last edited by kup; 27th November 2014 at 12:33 PM.

This is my third experience with these KO masterpieces. I have mp12 and mp19 KO and real and as far as I can tell they have better paint apps than the original. I was more than happy to purchase the KO ratbat, and not to my surprise I'm happy with my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    First time KO for me. I'm happy with the purchase, a great addition to the MP cassettes.
    Yeah, same. I've gotten KO's when I've thought I've been ordering legit stuff and cracked it with the seller. This is the first time that I have knowingly and willingly bought a KO. Hopefully mine will arrive next week, looking forward to him

Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    I can say that there is no way that it's worth buying Soundblaster just for Rattbat.
    Exactly, if they had made an official Ratbat available without having to fork out a fortune for another big MP just to get him as well I would have bought the official one. It's those kinds of practices that alleviate any guilt I would otherwise feel about this purchase

can some pm me a place to get this?