Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: JP/HK Masterpiece Ultra Magnus coming to ToysRUs Australia

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

$299 is pretty high priced , it may shelf warmed as not many can afford.

No bumble bee?

Nice that they tried.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    And to buy it is saying that you're ok paying what they know is an exorbitant price, letting them know they can do it again in the future and maybe for even more!
    well.. that's the basis of most "support local" campaigns. The input costs of trying to release a product in Australia (especially when one of those costs is labour) mean that the cost of the item will be quite pricey, but with doing so you are supporting local industries providing jobs locally.

Having said that, in consumer markets cost is obviously king - which is why Australia's manufacturing industry is non-existent, as they can't compete, and as you state, retail is doing it tough whenever the dollar climbs (as they can't compete with importing from overseas).

I was just trying to state that making a blanket statement such as the high cost of the MP toys here being all about outrageous money grabbing from local retailers may be misguided and a bit extreme. They need to cover additional costs (which can be significant), and they obviously add a mark up (no business would survive without one), but it may not be as big as you believe the mark up to be.

Anyways - obviously this is a discussion that is veering off course, and it's simply different philosophies, which is fine, so I shall now keep quiet. Party on.

Megatran Guest

All this focus on price is depressing.

How about the white elephant in the room? That is, what's written on the bio booklet by Gok? Anyone wasn't to hazard a guess?

(Well done Gok).

I hope it was more of a proof read of the translation after seeing the slipups in Wheeljacks, rather than a "write from scratch"

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    How about the white elephant in the room? That is, what's written on the bio booklet by Gok? Anyone wasn't to hazard a guess?

(Well done Gok).
    that in itself makes this a collectors item :P

congratulations mate! I hope that your name is given the appropriate amount of credit on the bio booklet!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post

(Well done Gok).
    Thanks for bringing this to attention, I may of missed this, as I didn't fully read the first post. Now that I have, that piece of info is very interesting. Congrats to Gok!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    And to buy it is saying that you're ok paying what they know is an exorbitant price, letting them know they can do it again in the future and maybe for even more!
    I'm happy to pay a premium for an English translation bio and instruction manual, for a large oversize toy that is even bigger than MP Optimus Prime
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Actually the worse part is many of you here hated Magnus to begin with. So this can really back fire badly.

So this will be a direct import of MP-22 Ultra Magnus except for the bio and instructions?

The $299 is a huge issue, it's about half that price in Japan/HK. I doubt the cars are included.

Is anyone going to get theirs signed by Gok?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Excuse my ignorance but I still don't understand this Magnus.

It looks like a repaint of the MP-10 with snap on armor from the trailer section to make it look oversized compared to the MP-10? At least that's what I get from seeing the vehicle mode.