Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: JP/HK Masterpiece Ultra Magnus coming to ToysRUs Australia

Default JP/HK Masterpiece Ultra Magnus coming to ToysRUs Australia

Many rumours have been circulating on what is next for ToysRUs Australia after we got in the Masterpiece Wheeljack earlier this month, and a tease was included on our 2014 Transformers Toy Checklist... but now it can finally be revealed.

MP-22 ULTRA MAGNUS

Price and scheduled release date provided by Sinnertwin...
    $299.99
    SKN 086323
    400 units total. 2 shipments allocated ( 1st ETA February 260 units + ETA: 04/04/15 160 units)

A bit of a wait on the Asian release (which was pushed back to December 27th now), but not surprising after how long it took to get Wheeljack here.
    The price is actually within the range I was expecting, so hopefully there is a catalogue sale soon after its release, and before it sells out.

Just like with MP Wheeljack, this figure will come with translated instructions and bio booklet... but this time, the Bio was written up by an Ozformers member - GoktimusPrime.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th November 2014 at 02:41 PM.

I can't deal with that right now.

I am surprised by this. Very impressed though.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

The few MP releases we've had here must've done well (despite TRU high prices) if we're getting Ultra Magnus here. Hopefully they will price him decently :/

[Edit] And congrats to Gok for his official contributions on this release

Do you get paid in Masterpieces for the translation?

$299.99
    SKN 086323
    400 units total. 2 shipments allocated ( 1st ETA February 260 units + ETA: 04/04/15 160 units)

Damn that's expensive...lucky for pre order

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    $299.99
    SKN 086323
    Thanks!
    First post updated.

Not as many units as recent MPs, so maybe TRU are being careful on their highest priced Transformers toy ever (matching Myer's recent record with the Platinum Edition Trailer & Sideswipe set).

A bit of a wait on the Asian release (which was pushed back to December 27th now), but not surprising after how long it took to get Wheeljack here.

The price is actually within the range I was expecting ($250-300) based on other items, so hopefully there is a catalogue sale/discount soon after its release, and before it sells out.

If the Japanese/HK release sells out like the Autobot cars often do, I think the delayed release here will still see it sell, as secondary prices online could well end up making this cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Do you get paid in Masterpieces for the translation?
    There are confidentiality agreements in place for working for or with Hasbro, so he and I will only be able to say as much as we are allowed.

However, Goktimus has already revealed his "payment" somewhere else on the board that you can find if you do a search, so is probably allowed to fill in the blanks now... but that's up to him, as he is free to talk about anything he is allowed to.
    (I would only stop him from saying something that breaches the confidentiality agreement, as that would impact on future relations between us and Hasbro.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    $299.99
    SKN 086323
    ouch! well at least TRU is wanting to "bridge" this gap of getting more "collector" worthy toys in.... thumbs up still