View Poll Results: To Bumbee, or not to Bumblebee?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YEAH

48 69.57%
  • Maybe, if the Price is right

14 20.29%
  • Don't care

2 2.90%
  • Nah, Probably not matey.

4 5.80%
  • HELLS NOOOOOOOOO

1 1.45%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Not for me, mines perfect . I can't do any more with mp 10, is plastic, you will break it if you force it more.

To be honest, everything else was a let down when they went with plastic then smaller scale. Is a masterpiece , I expect really good diecast materials involved.

For me mp-10 is way overrated and people are so convinced by the vid reviews.
    They are forgetting how solid mp-1 is. I swear if you reversed the release people will scream more for mp-1 any day .

Of course I still like mps but I have to lower my expectations a lot more to appreciate it.
    Each MP-1/Hasbro equivalent I've handled or owned (a total of 3) has been unable to reliable stand up.

I've never had either of my 2 Hasbro MP-10s, my Takara MP-10b, or my YOTH unable to stand.

I don't think I'm asking for a lot with that, and it's pretty easy for me to state that, in my experience, MP-10 is the better product.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Each MP-1/Hasbro equivalent I've handled or owned (a total of 3) has been unable to reliable stand up.

I've never had either of my 2 Hasbro MP-10s, my Takara MP-10b, or my YOTH unable to stand.

I don't think I'm asking for a lot with that, and it's pretty easy for me to state that, in my experience, MP-10 is the better product.
    I've owned MP-1 since it was released back in 2004, and during that time I've also owned and sold an MP-2. Neither has ever had any problems standing, and in fact both are pretty dynamically poseable. I've never owned an MP-10 variant because frankly I don't need something to replace the glory of MP-1. EVA Prime may yet see me change my tune on that depending on if I can afford it, but even then, it would be to complement MP-1, never to replace it.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Seriously guys, try pushing in the chest grill a little bit more, there's no risk of breakage. When it's not pushed in all the way the chest windows don't get held in the flush position and will be misaligned. MP-1's chest on the other hand is always out of alignment cause the pin position is ever so slightly off from where it needs to be.
    Didn't have this issue on my mp4 and mp1.
    Mp-10 is a action figure, is no where pose as great as is with a solid thumb.
    Is only a scale thing that made me buy the mp-10. Having spike or roller does not add any value for me.

Yes mp-10 is nice, but way overrated . Marked up prices up to $650 is such an insult to mp-1 on eBay

Back to bee, I am wondering if they have recolours ready for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I've owned MP-1 since it was released back in 2004, and during that time I've also owned and sold an MP-2. Neither has ever had any problems standing, and in fact both are pretty dynamically poseable. I've never owned an MP-10 variant because frankly I don't need something to replace the glory of MP-1. EVA Prime may yet see me change my tune on that depending on if I can afford it, but even then, it would be to complement MP-1, never to replace it.
    Can tell you now, you didn't miss much. I would highly recommend buy it on a cheap reissue.

Have no issues in standing for both mp1/4 as well. Magatron probably was harder to stand still. (Because they went plastic)

Didn't have this issue on my mp4 and mp1.
    Mp-10 is a action figure, is no where pose as great as is with a solid thumb.
    Is only a scale thing that made me buy the mp-10. Having spike or roller does not add any value for me.
    Only by the "Last Shot" Convoy did they fix the chest issue
    Check this out to see what i'm talking about.

Here's my MP-10 with the grill fully pushed in:

And again, with the grill a milimetre away from being fully pushed in:

I love both of mine, i'm just trying to get the facts out there

Mp Bumblebee finally arrived ....and I got to say that im pretty disappointed , from eagerly waiting for him to arrive.... When opening him up in alt mode , the scale looked abit off for me... so I put him next to the other mp cars ....and he a few scale smaller !! even in robot mode he is smaller then all the rest.... so I don't see why they didn't scale his alt mode to be consistent with the other MP and then I think in robot mode he still be the smallest around ... With my figure the autobot logo on his chest was really tight and I had to use a pen to push it around , so scare I was going to snap it off. But the figure itself is very well done ... On to spike figure...he is a simple figure but the transformation they made so complex!! and his arm articulation is terrible!

The scaling of Bumblebee is totally wrong for a masterpiece figure ...

Just had a look and if the car mode was real life sized, it would be 2.3 inches shorter than sideswipe. I hazard a guess they have gone for robot scale, not car scale.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

I also don't have too much problems with MP-1 standing. I took over four hundred photos to make this stop motion video and he was able to stand fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I also don't have too much problems with MP-1 standing. I took over four hundred photos to make this stop motion video and he was able to stand fine.
    I have him standing with all my binaltech and have not fell once over hmm two years? Lol

Anyway I can see Kurt chest issue, so I guess each has its plus and minus. I just don't think mp-10 is worth paying over rrp.

I have ordered KFC mp10 hands just to make it perfect.

Bee is great , to be honest I was really surprised vw gave the go ahead.

Can tell you now, you didn't miss much. I would highly recommend buy it on a cheap reissue.

Have no issues in standing for both mp1/4 as well. Magatron probably was harder to stand still. (Because they went plastic)
    At the risk of derailing the thread - although that boat might have transformed into a robot and walked off into the sunset already - are you referring to MP-10 in general or EVA Prime specifically? I'm basically after a different colour scheme to differentiate from MP-01 and I'm a fan of Evangelion so it has appeal to me even with the high price.