Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Your TF collecting goals/wants for 2015

I'm taking the Masterpiece Purity Pledge and staying true for my sweetheart, TakaraTomy.

Anticipating the following

2 x larger TT MPs @ ~$200 AUD each
    4 x smaller TT MPs @ ~$75 AUD each

Star Saber is already on pre-order, not bothering with Exhaust, but who knows what else will be announced for 2015.

Might get one or two Generations releases if there are any surprises that blow me away (ala Voyager Rhinox, Brainstorm, etc).

There's a chance I'll go for Fansproject Quickswitch and MMC's Impactor if they are ever released.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Other than main car characters for mp like
    Jazz
    Ironhide
    Hound
    Mirage
    Tracks
    Ratchet

Or some new decepticon mp

I am quite done.

I'm probably going to stick to Generations, pick up most, if not all of the Combiner Wars figures (may pass on the rumoured wave 4 Autobots - will see how they turn out first) and keep tracking down "missing" characters from my ideal collection - again mostly Generations (and previous iterations - classics, universe, rts etc).

There's a couple of 3P figures I may spring for, and maybe MP Bumblebee... Maybe.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i really want some new MP decepticons.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    More FoC Dinobots from Planet X, MP Bumblebee and Legends Windblade are the only things I want in the foreseeable future.
    Well I got my Bumblebee at more than I was comfortable with but I got him all the same.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Anyone setting themselves a budget ceiling this year? I dont normally keep track or budget purchases (not just toys, games too) but was thinking i probably spend more than i should, just cause i can afford to. Half my purchases last year fell around christmas and looking back i didnt expect most of them so i ended up spending more than i'd have liked. So i thought a limit of $100 or something a month, $1200 a year... Is it something i could stick to?

Maybe we could make it a challenge on here to see who can do it! I think if i end up under budget around December, then a "treat" purchase might have more meaning if i was selective enough to leave some in reserve for a pricier, special or unexpected item! It's less fun knowing i can get anything with only the wife having a problem with it to worry about!

Sticking to legion class figs. I'll track down Arcee, Chromia and Windblade. Foregoing combiner wars, I just don't trust Australian retail to get them in. Focus on customising and making my own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Anyone setting themselves a budget ceiling this year? I dont normally keep track or budget purchases (not just toys, games too) but was thinking i probably spend more than i should, just cause i can afford to.
    I've been thinking about this over the last couple of days because I too probably spend more than I should. I'm definitely cutting back on what I spend, and the buy now decide later approach hasn't worked. I had a thought of buying nothing but that's not likely. Maybe a budget is the way to go. I think my ultimate goal for the year is that the total number of TFs I sell from my collection is greater than the total number of new TFs I buy.

I generally find that trying to stick to my rule of 'RRP or less' tends to keep collecting more affordable. Pre-ordering MPs really helps to make them a lot cheaper.

MP & CW. That's me done..
    Last edited by Sinnertwin; 9th September 2015 at 11:32 PM.