Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformer Treasure Chest - Tokyo, Japan

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Hi mate,

Welcome and congratulations on starting your business. I'm sure it will be a frustrating yet most rewarding experience!

I'm after MP 12 Sideswipe/Lambor at a relatively cheap price point. Can you make this happen?

Best of luck with everything!

Yo dude, greetings from Osaka. There are a few of us over in the Land of the Rising Sun at the moment - there's another member in Hyogo, and I think - though I'm not sure - one more somewhere else too.

As far as your business goes, it's a good idea and I was meaning to do something similar myself, but my current contract forbids me from making income on the side. It may be worth taking a look through your own terms of employment, to make sure your new venture won't get you fired if you get caught.
    The other thing to think about is how much of those savings you'll be able to pass on without seeing the difference eaten up by postage. You'll be competing (sort of) against established online stores, so if you're doing it as a hobby on the side that maybe brings in a little extra spending money then you should be OK, but if you're looking to turn it into a business-type-business then that may be chotto muzukashi...

One last thing to consider is that you may also be able to do the inverse - if members who you've helped out find cheap TFs that never made it to Japan you may be able to find local buyers who really want, say, certain micromasters etc. If you have a list of wanted items yourself please feel free to post them in the Toy Scout section.

Welcome to the board btw.

Welcome! I'm heading off to Japan in September.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Welcome mate.. sounds good to me..
    I may need to talk other lines of toys with you... i'll wait for the hype to die down

Thumbs up HLJ ?

Hey LiegePrime,
    Japan would set you back a few pennies. But you can get some pretty nifty souvenirs at the Daiso shops for 100 yen each (about a buck).For manga you can try BookFirst which deals in second hand books. They have quite a few branches around the place.
    What's ....ummm....HLJ ? Human Lifeform Jelly ?

I'll put my foot down on the accel about making the site the more interest I get here on the forums.

Wade

Thumbs up Might have a Sideswipe for you !

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Hi mate,

Welcome and congratulations on starting your business. I'm sure it will be a frustrating yet most rewarding experience!

I'm after MP 12 Sideswipe/Lambor at a relatively cheap price point. Can you make this happen?

Best of luck with everything!
    Hey Ace,
    I am looking at a MP-12 Sideswipe right here now that has been opened but is in near new condition. I can send you pics off this otaku site but I'd have to haggle with the owner over it. What would your max budget be on this?

Wade

Thumbs up Yo

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    Welcome mate.. sounds good to me..
    I may need to talk other lines of toys with you... i'll wait for the hype to die down
    Hey Slag. (Glad you didn't change your name to Slug),

Let me know when you're ready for bot hunt over here in Japan and I'll start sniffing' !

Wade

Hello All, Best wishes botfans

Wade, top pic and cheers. This arcee is very hard to find where i am .

yes i would be keen on this one.

" this is one of the droids i am looking for"

Female Autobots my dear friends, can it get any better ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Yo dude, greetings from Osaka. There are a few of us over in the Land of the Rising Sun at the moment - there's another member in Hyogo, and I think - though I'm not sure - one more somewhere else too.

Welcome to the board btw.
    Hey Ode,
    I was wondering if there were any full on Ozzie Transformers fans floating about over here.
    I'm fine about contracts and the sort. The tourism college I work at can suck my tailpipe because they are breaking a few labor laws themselves and I have some other home based businesses currently active and a few others on the drawing board. But thanks for the heads up in case I didn't know about that.

You're right about it being a sticky wicket to make money like from a Transformer biz. I have been checking prices for a few years and have noticed that there are pricing difference opportunities out there if you jump on them when you find them. And it won't be my main or only income source...unless it eventually grew past what I'm projecting.

And that's an interesting idea about sourcing figures from outside Japan for Oz. I have never given that serious thought as I'd have to get deeper into the Japanese nerd scene that I could bear. But I'll keep it in mind as opportunities might pop up as I spend more time sourcing figures from Japanese sellers/suppliers.

Cheers man,
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Deno View Post
    Hello All, Best wishes botfans

Wade, top pic and cheers. This arcee is very hard to find where i am .

yes i would be keen on this one.

" this is one of the droids i am looking for"

Female Autobots my dear friends, can it get any better ?
    Hey Deno,

I've found one for $100 AUD. This top link, the one with the free comic. have my feelers out for cheaper deals but it's a rare item. Have to move quick. Can you contact me through email?

Wade