Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformer Treasure Chest - Tokyo, Japan

Thumbs up Transformer Treasure Chest - Tokyo, Japan

Hi fellow Trans-fans,
    My name's Wade and I'm an Aussie Transformer since the early 80's. I have lived in Tokyo, Japan for the last 15 years, the hallowed birthplace of the original toys.
    I've been particularly fascinated with the MasterPiece figures these last so many years as they are the way I always wanted my old G1 toys to look. Japan puts out some very spectacular versions over here which I've noticed can be hard to get outside Japan and at reasonable prices. There's a lot of treasures to be picked up cheap over here with some Japanese language skills and a lot of web surfing.
    I'm decided to finally do what I've wanted to all my life, and start a small home business called Transformers Treasure Chest, where I source hard to find Japan exclusives and/or find lower prices on regular figures lower than the big toy stores. I've dug up a heap of small and large suppliers here in Japan and I want to help Trans-fans get the bots and cons they are looking for.
    I will be using YouTube and a site eventually to let people know what figures I have found, but for now I am will work by word of mouth in the community as I work on the nuts and bolts of my system in my spare time when I'm not at work or looking after my little daughter.
    Feel free to give me a shout out and talk Trans-stuff,
    Cheers,
    Wade

Welcome Wade ahhhh Tokyo Japan, Fast Cars, The Latest Tech, and the home of our hobby, Cybertron Japan

been looking for an arcee, impossible toy for year's She has been one of the most hardest to find lady bots.

the members here are fantastic, wonderful people, Enjoy

Welcome Wade!

That's great to see that you are ready to help out the fans just like yourself. Will be keeping you in mind for sure!

Keep going mate!

-Elee

Hello and welcome 😊

There is a particular TF that I'm after that would be easier to find pristine examples of in Japan, but I'm not in the financial position at the moment. I'll hopefully have the cash around Easter.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thumbs up Thanks for the welcome !

Hi Deno, thanks for the welcome !

Japan certainly is a trip to live in. As fast as it is slow.
    About that Arcee you are after, which exact version are you after ?
    There just became available over here
    2104 IDW version : https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...t/15989019882/

Or are you referring to the movie version from from 2008?
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wolver...n/photostream/

I can source both but the movie version will dent your wallet...or your mortgage.

Wade

Thanks Trent. I can do some background research if you like. It's good to send a g'day to some of the smaller suppliers over here well in advance. Japanese like building a relationship in business. Let me know, mate.
    Wade

Thanks Elee. I guess you're a Starscream fan. Hope they reboot the movies and give us G1-esque renditions of all our favourite bots and cons, especially Starscream !

Welcome to the boards fellow cybertronian.

Would love to see if you could source some older G1 stuff if possible?

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Hi,
    Any bots in particular ?

Welcome to Ozformers!

ah yes, I still haven't ticked this one off my bucket list ( not that Im dying or anything) - Going to Japan... The thing is if I ever do go there, I gotta have a loooooot of cash coz Im pretty sure I'll be buying a LOT of stuff, not just TFs but a lot of Japanese related stuff, manga, knick knacks, a Kimono or two, chopsticks, Daruma, etc...

Hope you get started soon on making a website when you can, a lot of people here would most likely be regular patrons. Lord knows how many people here are loyal buyers of HLJ etc
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]