Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have u ever rejected a TF?

Next time, keep it.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Wow - I don't think I could ever refuse a TF (or any present for that matter) if it was a gift. I guess it depends on your relationship, but I am extremely grateful when anyone (especially my gf) goes out of their way to buy me something. Even if I don't really want it, I just smile and say "Thankyou".

Just my opinion tho!

yeah, should have kept it, STL...

I believed your missus did it out of thoughtfulness (it wasn't because you don't have it)... I know for one thing, she would still be feeling hurt (if anything) about someone special rejecting her gift~

mate, I would give anything up if my missus buys me TF (even if it is from my own money)

Ive received a few doubles as gifts, I either put the spare one on the shelf, and put the one I already owned in my "to repaint" box, or if I have a reciept lying around from a similar size class purchase I may return it and swap it without telling the person I got it from.

My gf has also bought me figures that I already owned (some that she had bought me) that when she realised I already had it, returned it and got me different ones, all on her own accord, but she's great with stuff like that.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

If only they could scout Ebay for G1s too...

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
    If only they could scout Ebay for G1s too...
    I'll mention that to my missus today.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    My missus had a surprise for me today. She was teasing me and teasing me and telling me to lie down on her bed. I was like why. This is so suspicious. I did lie down and then there was something beneath the pillow and what did I find? Universe Octane! Turns out she picked it up at K-Mart yesterday and she knew this was "G1" so grabbed it for me on sale.

I told her probably better to refund it since it wasn't a great deal. I feel kinda bad but I've been like that in the past on other gifts she'd gotten for me and I had to be consistent. (or else it'd come up another time and then she'll start on her "Oh it's okay for TFs but not for clothes" rant. But I did feel kinda bad
    Bad move dude! They REMEMBER this sorta thing! She'll be all 'thats's cool' now, but in 2 years time when you are arguing with her about something, she'll bring it out from nowhere like a stealth bomber and whammo! You'll be like OMG!

When it comes to things like this, especially with your missus, you have to take it.
    She was expecting you to be over the moon. I mean, I am assuming she knows you'd prefer a Transformer over cloths, so she's done something really nice and got you a Transformer. Even though the price wasn't a good one, how much you save getting it else where? What 5, 8 bucks? It is also her money, so you aren't spending anything, you've saved 27, gotten a Transformer, and most importantly, made her happy by the excitement/joy you get from her gift. It is a Win, Win, Win situation.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I don't think it was a good idea, women can hold onto ammo for a VERY long time, tread carefully...

COUNTER GIFT! Get her something, reinforce the thought she put into it.

I never turn down a gift. If it's something I honestly don't want I might recycle it as a gift... just gotta be careful not to "tip the butcher back." But honestly I rarely recycle gifts. When it comes to TFs if I get doubles then I'll keep the double. Might use it in a trade or sale.

I sometimes receive random TF stuff from my work colleagues - so far I've received a TF movie Optimus bubble bath, Energon lunch box and movie TF stickers!