Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

Another thing worthy of noting. In arm mode, the individual bot's knee joint acts as the proper elbow joint, and they're pinned and quite sturdy. However, the thigh ball joints can be used for additional movement as well, and I feel they will over time become weaker if you display the arm in a raised position , as the ball joints will need to hold the weight of the entire lower arm. So do be careful with these. And when twisting the bicep swivel (individual bot's waist swivel), try to grab the waist piece rather then the thigh pieces, as the ball sockets allow for some limited horizontal rotation. So keep doing this will weaken the ball joints as well.

Although i used two fireflys superion is awesome

I am curious about the combination ports - What system does this toy use to combine? Is it like PCCs or Energon combining pegs and ports? Perhaps something new?

Square peg with it's own rotating ratchet. You can see where they flip out of the chests on all limb-bots.

But the sockets are far less breakable than on FoC Bruticus.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

much easier to remove as well, they slide in, rather than clip on. Looks like they've learnt a lot from Bruticus and earlier combiners.

An update on my broken Silverbolt, RK has said they'll send new "parts" with my Wave 2 order when it arrives, what that means I'm not sure yet, whether it's actual replacement parts or a new figure I guess I'll find out later this month.

I just got Wave 1 today. I'll just chuck in my two cents as I get around to opening the figures

I'm really digging the artwork on the instructions - very cool! Am I right in guessing the trading card artwork is from the Transfomers Legends game?
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 11th January 2015 at 06:45 PM.

Yeah, apparently that's one of he selling points, and why the artwork doesn't quite look like the figure (except for Alpha Bravo - but then you can tell the art seems a little less "dynamic")

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Yeah, apparently that's one of he selling points, and why the artwork doesn't quite look like the figure (except for Alpha Bravo - but then you can tell the art seems a little less "dynamic")

Ah there ya go, I was right, cheers for the clarification mate
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 11th January 2015 at 06:45 PM.

I was surprised and disappointed that the "collector cards" were not bio-cards... they are just the artwork on one side, and essentially blank on the other (says Transformers Generations & the Autobot Logo - even for the Decepticon toys).
    Bio-cards was the impression given when they referred to them as Character Cards or Collector Cards... and would have been the least they could do if it replaces the cost of a comic (Deluxe) or Targetmaster partner (Legends).
    Last edited by griffin; 11th January 2015 at 02:36 PM.

Some group photos and comparisons...

The Voyagers are in larger boxes to the Movie Voyagers... making it feel and look like better value (a reversing of the shrinking trend).

On the back, the name for Optimus' combiner name is featured on the right of the box, but Superion isn't given the same treatment... for some reason.

The size difference between the new reduced Legends (no longer 2-packs), and the new Legions from RID. The pricing between the two are US$10 for Generations and US$6 for the RID.

On the front and back, only Powerglide is promoted as interacting with the Combiner theme of this year... which is odd, as there appeared to be some interactive elements of the others at the Singapore display about a month ago (like being a weapon or shield). It therefore doesn't explain why Bombshell has those two posts at the back of the beetle mode.

The size difference of the Generations toys to some recent other toys. (I missed the cut on the Generations Deluxes at BBTS, so unfortunately I couldn't include them all in the one shot)

The massive size difference between the Generations Legends and the RID Legions is really obvious in their vehicle modes. Windcharger is almost twice the size of Strongarm and Steeljaw.... while Thundercracker and Powerglide are on par with the 2014 Deluxe Arcee toy. Voyager Optimus is almost on scale with MP Ultra Magnus, but annoyingly (and for no obvious reason), the hole at the back of the Cab has been sculpted to prevent it from hooking up to any of the trailers I could find in my collection. There is room for a proper, "universal" hole, that wouldn't impact on the primary purpose of the standalone toy. Why Hasbro, why?

At the bottom are the character cards for the Voyagers and the Legends.