Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Streetwise
    Fully capable of wiping out any target, Streetwise would rather track 'em down and let justice take its course. Of course, that justice starts with heavy damage to a few of his enemy's key systems. They can't do any harm if they can't function.
    Is that seriously Streetwise's bio? He's gone from a smart 'streetwise' investigator who'd track down the bad guys like the hero of a 70s cop/detetcice TV show to... someone who beats up his targets. I know cops in the US are getting a (in some cases desereved) bad rap at the moment, but man. It seems like the writer picked up on a few lines from the original bio (below) and went, yep this guy's a brutal cop.

Nothing escapes Streetwise's notice. He dutifully records the most seemingly insignificant details knowing full well he may have use of such information later. So readily does he adapt to any environment that his fellow Protectobots suspect he possesses a mysterious eighth sense in addition to the seven standard senses with which he was built (sight, hearing, touch, smell, short-range radiowave transmission, magnetic sensitivity, and electric sensitivity). The truth is, Streetwise simply has an amazing capacity for understanding. He easily grasps local dialects; slang expressions instantly become part of his vocabulary. Once he sees a map of a new city, he drives through its streets as if he were born there. And he's as doggedly determined as he is clever. Nothing can deter Streetwise from seeking his prey- except an empty fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Is that seriously Streetwise's bio? He's gone from a smart 'streetwise' investigator who'd track down the bad guys like the hero of a 70s cop/detetcice TV show to... someone who beats up his targets. I know cops in the US are getting a (in some cases desereved) bad rap at the moment, but man. It seems like the writer picked up on a few lines from the original bio (below) and went, yep this guy's a brutal cop.
    He's still not the worst type of cop yet - at least he's not beating up migrant Empties and planting Circuit Speeders on them

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I thought that too when I read it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Hasbro designer desk videos

Hasbro Designer Desk Video - Superion
    Hasbro Designer Desk Video - Menasor
    Source:TFW2005

Thats what was on the back of the card.

Bios for quickslinger and brake-neck

Quickslinger
    If everything Quickslinger said about his feats in battle were true, he'd be the most decorated Autobot warrior. While he's not actually a battlefield legend, he is the best shooter among the Aerialbots. Once an enemy is in his sights, there's a good shot they'll end up in a sling.

Brake-Neck
    Brake-Neck has no respect for the rules of the road, or anything on it. Autobot or Decepticon - it dosen't matter. Any bot that gets in his way is in line for repairs once Brake-Neck is done with them. Even the unpredictable Stunticons see him as a out-of-control wild rider.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    Bios for quickslinger and brake-neck

Quickslinger
    If everything Quickslinger said about his feats in battle were true, he'd be the most decorated Autobot warrior. While he's not actually a battlefield legend, he is the best shooter among the Aerialbots. Once an enemy is in his sights, there's a good shot they'll end up in a sling.

Brake-Neck
    Brake-Neck has no respect for the rules of the road, or anything on it. Autobot or Decepticon - it dosen't matter. Any bot that gets in his way is in line for repairs once Brake-Neck is done with them. Even the unpredictable Stunticons see him as a out-of-control wild rider.
    Ahh Hasbro, I see what you did there...
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

i just got the Deluxe protectobots and Groove. These guys are all various degrees of awesome, with street Wise and First Aid being the best. Since i didnt get the Stunticons, this has bveen my first play with sme of these molds, and Im impressed. Im much more tempted by the rumored Autobot car team now, if for no other reason than the base robots are already excellent.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

so my "Brakeneck" and "Quickslinger" CW figures arrived today, quick review:

Wildrider
    Pros:
    He's Wildrider for those who miss the G1 team.
    Holds together a little better, combiner weapon is no longer loose and floppy when plugged in.
    Headsculpt is all kinds of awesome - mixes the G1 "blockhead" design with the Arms Micron version with his little ear posts.

Cons:
    Red paint in no way matches the deeper red plastic, looks kind of cheap, and really jarring on the side of the altmode/bot arms.
    No rear window painted (as Dead End has) so the entire back end is just a lump of grey.
    Metallic grey paint on the hood is hard to tell apart from the rest of the vehicle and the lower headlights aren't painted.
    Same "weapon" as Dead End. Would have been nice to have Streetwise's rifle, but could be a mould restriction so I won't hold that against him too much.

Compared to Dead End and Off-Road (who stole his deco) he's looking seriously bland tough.

Slingshot:
    Pros:
    He's Slingshot for those who want the full G1 team.
    Joints are all nice and solid, no looseness like Skydive.
    That headsculpt means business.

Cons:
    The alt mode looks a little bland (being all white and all) but considering the source material, can't really fault the figure.
    Arms still quite visible in altmode, and the black painted hands are painfully obvious.
    Orange face looks a little out of place compared to the rest of his deco when compared to his "replacement" Alpha Bravo, who has an orange chest.

Verdict: Quickslinger/Slingshot is definitely the better of the two "nostalgia" releases, but both are solid figures in their own stead, just wish Brakeneck/Wildrider had some more paint apps.

I hope Reprolabels offer sets for these two, to fill in all the gaps on Wildrider, and extend the wing pattern on Slingshot like they have for Firefly/ight.

Now comes the question, what do I do with them? Do I replace the new bots on the teams, or just rotate? Haven't quite decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Now comes the question, what do I do with them? Do I replace the new bots on the teams, or just rotate? Haven't quite decided yet.
    Although i just want quickslinger (aka slingshot, i dont want brake-neck aka wildrider) i am keeping alpha brave as a reserve member as the aerialbots and to cover the rest of the aerialbots while they are merging to form superion.

Pics please!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera