Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: STL's Journey into BWs

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    If and when Madman is able to get the rights to the Japanese BW series.
    I really hope they do!

I have been watching the fan dubs and recently the Animated Movie. Its very kiddy and not as good as the Canadian series but its not bad and I have enjoyed what I have seen but not expecting anything Epic like the North American series.
    Last edited by kup; 16th May 2008 at 11:23 AM.

I hope so too. Any idea if Metrodome will release these first? Or they were only releasing G1?

Does Metrodome still exist as a company anymore?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Does Metrodome still exist as a company anymore?
    I think so. Just found their site and they seem to do non-Transformers DVDs as well:

http://www.metrodomegroup.com/

Their TF site though (http://www.transformersdvd.com/) hasn't been updated for a while, possibly due to no new product on their schedule. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Plus he, nor Depth Charge, had any contact with the Transmetal driver in the show.
    Yeah within the story canon, neither was exposed to the Vok transmetal driver so it makes sense for them to not be TM2s. It seems that the writers were also paying attention to the toy design styles while writing the scripts.

The journey continues...

Go w/ the Flow

We're back on track. I loved this episode. The comic elements worked really well and i have to say that the Depthcharge/Rattrap combo was great. The little kids weren't annoying either. In fact, I thought they were gerat as sub characters and even though it was evident that she'd dupe the Predacons, the best part was why she duped them. Not because she needed to save the Maximals. Not because she needed to save the planet. But b/c she wanted a hair clip! Loved the slip, sliding down the river too.

Crossing the Rubicon
    I have to say that to this point there have been good, mediocre and bad episodes. But this was the 1st episode where I felt bitterly disappointed. Certain episodes radiate a meh quality from the outset but what particular frustrated me about this episode in a manner akin to Animated episodes was how wonderful it started out and then so quickly nosedived. I'd been waiting and waiting for when Blackarachnia would assume her new TM form. And I knew this episode from the start would feature that.

Nothing wrong with that. What was so mindboggling was the way the whole plot so quickly deteriorated. We have an intense desperate struggle to save her, the failure, the attempt at revenge - that's all good - but then all of a sudden that odd ball decides to save her from out of nowhere - and then we have to reconcile how the heck she gets there to save Silverbolt so quickly. It was such a jarring leap in logic that I felt so upset.

May be my disappointment is a reflection of the high standard I hold to BWs and the fact that others like Kup hold the series in such high esteem but I've got to say that's one of the fastest nosedives for a BWs episodes I watched. There was a lot to like about it, mind you, it was just that last 5th that really had me wondering if George Lucas had taken over writing duties.

And last I'd like to mention how much i like Scott McNeil. I can't believe he's the voice actor for all those characters including Silverbot. It's on that intro at the start of the disc and I'd always overlooked/not paid attention to it. But its great how he can so wonderfully mod his voice.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

plus he's an aussie, extra points for that

well he was born here or somethin

if he is ever in Australia surely he'd like to make an appearance with his fellow countrymens fans of partly his work ?

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    The journey continues...

Go w/ the Flow

We're back on track. I loved this episode. The comic elements worked really well and i have to say that the Depthcharge/Rattrap combo was great. The little kids weren't annoying either. In fact, I thought they were gerat as sub characters and even though it was evident that she'd dupe the Predacons, the best part was why she duped them. Not because she needed to save the Maximals. Not because she needed to save the planet. But b/c she wanted a hair clip! Loved the slip, sliding down the river too.

Crossing the Rubicon
    I have to say that to this point there have been good, mediocre and bad episodes. But this was the 1st episode where I felt bitterly disappointed. Certain episodes radiate a meh quality from the outset but what particular frustrated me about this episode in a manner akin to Animated episodes was how wonderful it started out and then so quickly nosedived. I'd been waiting and waiting for when Blackarachnia would assume her new TM form. And I knew this episode from the start would feature that.

Nothing wrong with that. What was so mindboggling was the way the whole plot so quickly deteriorated. We have an intense desperate struggle to save her, the failure, the attempt at revenge - that's all good - but then all of a sudden that odd ball decides to save her from out of nowhere - and then we have to reconcile how the heck she gets there to save Silverbolt so quickly. It was such a jarring leap in logic that I felt so upset.

May be my disappointment is a reflection of the high standard I hold to BWs and the fact that others like Kup hold the series in such high esteem but I've got to say that's one of the fastest nosedives for a BWs episodes I watched. There was a lot to like about it, mind you, it was just that last 5th that really had me wondering if George Lucas had taken over writing duties.

And last I'd like to mention how much i like Scott McNeil. I can't believe he's the voice actor for all those characters including Silverbot. It's on that intro at the start of the disc and I'd always overlooked/not paid attention to it. But its great how he can so wonderfully mod his voice.
    I think the Blackarachnia episode suffered from the last minute Season 3 rush job that the writers were suddenly faced with.

I have said this before, Season 3 is my least favorite BW Season for the reason above, My Beast Wars fandom peaked at Season 2. Even if there wasn't a Season 3, I would still hold Beast Wars with such high steem as Season 1 & 2 made it for me.

Season 3 is still good (particularly the first few episodes) but it deteriorates into a rush job to conclude the story before the end of the short season thanks to Archer/Hasbro and their failure to understand the concepts that attract people (Beast Machines).

Goktimus considers Season 3 with high steem but I don't, its better than most (if not all) of the stuff we have gotten in the past decade but pales in comparison with Season 1 & 2. Beast Was produced its best in Season 2 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I think the Blackarachnia episode suffered from the last minute Season 3 rush job that the writers were suddenly faced with.

I have said this before, Season 3 is my least favorite BW Season for the reason above, My Beast Wars fandom peaked at Season 2. Even if there wasn't a Season 3, I would still hold Beast Wars with such high steem as Season 1 & 2 made it for me.

Season 3 is still good (particularly the first few episodes) but it deteriorates into a rush job to conclude the story before the end of the short season thanks to Archer/Hasbro and their failure to understand the concepts that attract people (Beast Machines).

Goktimus considers Season 3 with high steem but I don't, its better than most (if not all) of the stuff we have gotten in the past decade but pales in comparison with Season 1 & 2. Beast Was produced its best in Season 2 in my opinion.
    Hey guys, just thinking was TM2 Blackarachnia the precursor to Archer's Beast Machines idea? She does sorta have a strange colour scheme.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection