Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: STL's Journey into BWs

No the precursor was the drugs

but yes, what possessed Archer to have such weird, in terms of traditional tf ,designs?

I mean, you could still have all the big semi-religious plot without such strange bodies surely

Blackarachnia is not much different from most Transmetal 2 toys for having a mix of bright and dark colours and bizarre looking beast modes and robot modes. It's not hard to draw a line between Transmetal 2s and Beast Machines Maximals.

According to Archer TM2s are indeed his designs and Beast Machines continues their theme in an even more extremem manner as by that time Archer had been given authority over the franchise.

You can tell by the TM2 designs that they were preparing their agenda to abandon the whole robot concept and move into Technorganics which they sadly did in BM with abismal results. The franchise was in serious danger after that as it totally annihalated the G1 continuity and alienated many fans as Transformers were no longer robots of any kind. The franchise had not been in such a bad state since the end of G1 until the Japanese rescued it with RID.

I am still surprized that Archer wasn't fired on the spot after such a failure in his first term in office.

Despite the decline in popularity, Beast Machines wasn't a financial flop for Hasbro - it actually did enjoy reasonable popularity (most likely enough to turn a profit) -- but as one prominent Transfan told me, Beast Machines was riding on the coat tails of the success of Beast Wars... that managed to keep it afloat. And of course, RiD came in just in time (if I haven't already told you the full story about this, feel free to ask me next time we meet ) to pump a new resurgence into the franchise. So the franchise never went into decline so badly that Hasbro would've taken enough notice to want to take action against Archer.

...I wonder whose idea it was to make Transformers Animorphs though. Those things peg-warmed something chronic.

Hi Gok,

Welcome back!

Yeah thanks... still not sure if I really want to come back though (the issue that I thought might've been resolved appears that it may not have been)... (-_-)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 18th June 2008 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah thanks... still not sure if I really want to come back though (the issue that I thought might've been resolved appears that it may not have been)... (-_-)
    what issue gok? aside from the problems the server has been giving griffin et al, things have never been smoother since ive been here

you need some help on a beating?

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

It's nothing I'm going to discuss publicly, sorry Borgie. It's got nothing to do with the current board technical difficulties though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's nothing I'm going to discuss publicly, sorry Borgie. It's got nothing to do with the current board technical difficulties though.
    you can't leave a juicy tempting story like that on a cliffhanger, you must continue