Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: STL's Journey into BWs

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    From everything I've heard, I'll be ignoring Beast Machines continuity.
    I wont talk you out of that. There are some great aspects to it as a sci-fi series, but it essentially deconstructs the universe created in G1 & BW.

I found myself with an overwhelming sense of "what the f... just happened there?" after it's conclusion. While Beast Wars ends with an ending that ties up the universe created to an extent (I wont say anymore), it reaches what is essentially a fairly natural conclusion - the war evolves rather than the universe being swept out from underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I've actually never felt comfortable with my geekier tendencies and kept it rather private in my life till more recently. Some people are still freaked out when they learn about this side of me. For many, it doesn't quite compute.
    While I've never been as... unsubtle as some (such as Gok, but there are others who are worse - anyone who remembers Megatron can attest to that), I never made an effort to hide it. If someone is shallow enough to actually base their opinion of me as a person on my collecting hobby, then I don't believe I'm missing out if they reject me. Most of my friends and workmates down the years either don't especially care or display a passing interest.

Okay, there's one guy at work who has based his opinion of me around my collecting - but then he's supremely proud of the fact that he's lazy... which tells you something about his character.

Coming back to Beast Wars... perhaps the best overall aspect of the series is the fact that the writers make a specific effort to engage those of different ages. There are political one-liners for adults and fart jokes and silly visual gags for younger kids. Few cartoons - indeed few Animated films - are able to pull this off, and not enough try. The Simpsons and Shrek are two notable examples. You talk about the series being too adult in many ways, STL - which is fair enough. But there are quite a few subtler moments which you or I may barely notice, which may leave 6 year olds rolling around hysterically.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I have always been geeky and although i am also more subtle than others I am not afraid to express it.

When I was in High school I was liked by most groups of people but I particularly enjoyed hanging around geeks because I found them more interesting and enjoyed having conversations about Star Wars, Trek and general geek stuff. I had earned the respect of the 'cooler' kids through a few events and incidents in my earlier high school years so I never got looked down for being geeky or hanging around who I pleased.

Dirge is right, if people are shallow enough to look down to you for liking Transformers and other stuff, forcing you to hide aspects of your personality to meet their expectations; they are not not really your friends because they cant accept you for who you are.

I am also the odd type who does not feel a 'need' for social acceptance or interaction either. I enjoy hanging around people who I can hold a conversation with and have stuff in common but I prefer to be alone than hang around people who I dislike or have nothing in common with. When I am with 'normal' or 'cool' people I get bored out of my mind by topics such as sports, scoring girls and the like.
    ________
    VOYEUR PRIVATE
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:53 PM.

The funny thing is that sometimes when you catch up with people who were part of who you thought were the "cool" crowd, they themselves never thought of themselves as cool and also considered themselves outcasts. I think in highschool nearly everyone considers themselves an outcast to some degree... it seems to be more of a matter of perception as to who is "cool" or not. Yes, you do have some kids who go around claiming that they're cool and part of the in-group... but if you actually need to go around telling people that you're cool... you're not.

Ah school... such an artificial microchasm of social interaction. It's not until after you leave school (uni, work etc) that you find out what real social interaction is.

I keep in touch with my old uni friends more often than I do with any schoolfriends (which is like, almost never).

my enemies from high school will be getting a little surprise in 10 years

I gave my high school enemies what they deserved in Highschool and oddly enough they became my friends afterwards!
    ________
    GANG BANG PARTY
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:53 PM.

In coming of the Fuzors all or most of the stasis pods crashed right?

In the Bw comics idw, Razorbeast doesnt chronally unsynch the pods till season 3, does that mean that all the pods except silverbolts and Quickstrikes were just sitting around in stasis?

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    In coming of the Fuzors all or most of the stasis pods crashed right?

In the Bw comics idw, Razorbeast doesnt chronally unsynch the pods till season 3, does that mean that all the pods were just sitting around in stasis?
    Well spoilers A couple more Statis Pods appeared but basically yes most of them just sat around.

Quote Originally Posted by kup
    I gave my high school enemies what they deserved in Highschool and oddly enough they became my friends afterwards!
    Just like Son Gokuu in Dragonball!

Wow. Just watched Code of Hero... and wow... just wow

Now STL, you better be ready, you have entered the DANGER ZONE. The following few episodes will take you to a level of Geekness so high that your heart may stop.
    ________
    ONLINE XXX VIDEOS
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:54 PM.