Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JB Hi-Fi (Australia) feedback

Last couple of orders I've had with them online have shown up commendably fast. Hoping the latest one does the same as ordered a box-set of a show the missus likes for Valentines Day (yes I give romantic gifts too )

Also, not so much feedback but just letting people know, they have the Box Sets of all 5 TF movies on their 'buy a 2nd box set for 50% off' list on both DVD and Blu Ray.

So my Elita-1 got lost in the mail and was said by Australia Post to be officially 'lost in transit'.

I emailed/messaged JB HiFi about this 3 seperate times asking could they facilitate a replacement or refund and never got a response.

Finally put in a PayPal dispute and got my money back within hours.

Goes to show you, these places will happily ignore a query/complaint from a longtime customer, but will respond almost instantly if its from another company

Here's hoping that my Megatron/GIJoe figure from them actually shows up.

Thursday last week I was at the Garden City (Brisbane) store, and they hadn't unpacked the various Transformers that were scheduled for release on that day (July 28th), so I put in an order for 11 items... price-matching most of them with Kmart prices. Since I expected that some of the items wouldn't have been sent to this fairly small store, I told them that as soon as they process their delivery and set aside items for my order, to contact me, so that I could go in and buy those items first and not have to wait another week or so for the entire order just because they needed to transfer one or two items to that store.

Naturally I didn't get any messages or calls before today, so I went in and they did indeed have an incomplete order that was being held for 3 outstanding items, but didn't try to contact me yet.
    On the plus side, they allowed me to cancel one item that I had ordered by accident (I have it on order at Amazon for less... but I just have to wait a couple more weeks for it).

So... it was really easy to get something price-matched (probably up to a point) just by showing them the website of a competitor, even though it didn't have wave 2 shown (the packaging was similar enough I guess) - and, they didn't require any payment when ordering... but they were not very reliable on contacting me when I was told they would contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So my Elita-1 got lost in the mail and was said by Australia Post to be officially 'lost in transit'.

I emailed/messaged JB HiFi about this 3 seperate times asking could they facilitate a replacement or refund and never got a response.

Finally put in a PayPal dispute and got my money back within hours.

Goes to show you, these places will happily ignore a query/complaint from a longtime customer, but will respond almost instantly if its from another company

Here's hoping that my Megatron/GIJoe figure from them actually shows up.

And after 3 1/2 months Elita unexpectedly shows up in the post! Since I sourced another one elsewhere I'm going to put her aside for my daughter for Xmas

When I picked up my preorder of SG Soundwave and the Hero 2pack last week, the two boxes were taped up together with the order print up taped over the top. I was not happy, putting sticky tape all over collector boxes and I told them that several times as I slowly peeled off all the tape at the checkout counter, blocking that register for about 5 minutes. (I stayed so that I could return them if the tape tore up the packaging)
    I got most of it off okay, but it did lift a little bit of the surface of the Hero 2pack.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    When I picked up my preorder of SG Soundwave and the Hero 2pack last week, the two boxes were taped up together with the order print up taped over the top. I was not happy, putting sticky tape all over collector boxes and I told them that several times as I slowly peeled off all the tape at the checkout counter, blocking that register for about 5 minutes. (I stayed so that I could return them if the tape tore up the packaging)
    I got most of it off okay, but it did lift a little bit of the surface of the Hero 2pack.
    This made me chuckle .

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Did they appear to care at all?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They taped to the top of my MPM Blackout, took it off without asking and peeled the black off, leaving a white spot on the top. I flat out refused to take and made them get another from out the back.

The damaged is still sitting in the shelf

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

No packing material in the box whatsoever. Now that's fine for me, I'm an opener, and surprisingly the boxes arrived in pretty good nick overall, with just one major tear. But it's definitely something to watch for if you are concerned about such things.

Postage was very cheap, and it arrived right on time, a mere 3 days after order was placed.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I got sick of waiting for Breakdown from Amazon so I ordered from JB and also got a Lio Convoy while I was at it. I really don't care about this because I throw the cardboard and paper in the recycling, but I know a lot of you will. The Transformers were put in a bit of bubble wrap and then into a courier bag. The boxes were all damaged as you would expect for flimsy Legacy packaging without an outer box to protect them. Again, I don't care, but I know many of you will.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.