Thread: Sydney/Australia Holiday and Vacation recommendations

Default Sydney/Australia Holiday and Vacation recommendations

I don't know where to post this, hopefully this is the right spot.

I was wondering if anyone had any good experiences and recommendations to watch the NYE fireworks at the harbour. Which places aren't packed? Or are they all?
    I have some tourists with me who I'd like to bring and watch the fireworks. Honestly, I never watched it live.

This can be an on-going thread and can be broken to Brisbane/Melbourne/Adelaide/Tasmania. Compared to our toy places to look for while on holiday.

A bit late to be planning that now. Usually people have camped out a nice spot on the shoreline by lunchtime.

When I lived in the eastern suburbs there were a couple municipal parks in north bondi and vaucluse that are pretty good.
    Seeing as you're in Ryde there are some local parks in Woolich that are by the harbour.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Heyas Jazzcomp

Advance Happy NY!
    Anyway, there will always be some space (if you could call it that) if you go now to Darling Harbour, good atmosphere. Milsons Point should be getting packed now.

There are some good viewing spots on the North Shore near the harbour but not sure bout parking. Don't have to go to Milsons Point, as long as you can see the bridge.
    My family used to go there for the early fireworks then head back home for midnight to avoid the crush.

As for vacation recommendations - any particular places? Local or interstate? How far are you willing to travel? I know what it's like taking visitors around who haven't been to Australia before

Thanks, Cbatron and optimus1!

Happy New year too!!!

Just came back from Melbourne (Xmas celebration) so planning was a bit late. I was thinking of Drummoyne area. I didn't see Woolwich in the NYE MAP

Optimus1, Local - around 5-6 hours drive max? Maybe more depending on how good the place is. My tourists are elderly (parents)

I do want to go Gold Coast but I think that's a big thing to plan. Just got a new job with no VL yet so may have to pass or let them go by themselves without me if they want to go .

Not planning on going to Uluru or the bush/outback.