Thread: Hi from Melbourne!

Default Hi from Melbourne!

Hi everyone,

New member on board from Melbourne in Victoria.

Just a little bit of background from me:

I grew up watching the re-runs of the g1 series on tv growing up (3d intro and all), and collecting toys as a kid. Had a few toys (including a complete superion), but they are long gone unfortunately!

Then in the mid-late 90's I caught up with beast wars, of which I got my favorite childhood toy, transmetal tarantulas. Again, long gone thanks to my folks annual spring cleaning.

Then I came back to transformers in the mid-late 2000's with the masterpiece and alternators series.

Unfortunately real world factors kicked in towards the 2010's and I had to stop collecting them, but thankfully I still have these ones though.

Fast forward to a current holiday in Hong Kong and my interest reignited as soon as I laid eyes on the Maketoys green giant in a visit to Mongkok. That thing is incredible.

I was happy to learn that they are still making the masterpiece series. So anyway, despite their massive price tag, I've become obsessed with these 3rd party combiners! And that's where I'm at now (hunting for the green giant and other 3rd party combiners as well as masterpiece figures).

My god the AUD is killing us at the moment though!

Looking forward to good times ahead on this forum.

Megatran Guest

Welcome to OzFormers. Good times are definitely ahead.

And doubly good to hear from a new Melbourne member.

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Any pics of your collection? - Whack 'em here if you haven't already as we LOVE to see the collections of others.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]