Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455566171 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars toys & merchandise sighting

Ehh, I wouldn't be lambasting the scalpers without laying some of the blame on Hasbro's case distributions also, creating a market for scalping.

1 40th Anniversary Stormtrooper figure per box, like the Tusken's, is just asking for trouble. It's the same with R2 and Han in the first wave also, considering the last time each figure was available in 6 inch form.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    And toyworld highpoint has many sarbines, obi wan's, leias...one at-at pilot, I'd love to meet the person who took the snowtroopers...
    Ahem, and what would you like to tell that person?

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Ehh, I wouldn't be lambasting the scalpers without laying some of the blame on Hasbro's case distributions also, creating a market for scalping.

1 40th Anniversary Stormtrooper figure per box, like the Tusken's, is just asking for trouble. It's the same with R2 and Han in the first wave also, considering the last time each figure was available in 6 inch form.
    Wow just one stormtrooper...then again accounting for army builders doesn't always work out, but no matter the case assortment it won't please everyone, from too many figs shelf warming or not enough of a fan fav.

I remember long time ago the first time I saw the dude, had a trolley inspecting the rouge one stuff at tru during that special release day, constantly examining figures, putting them in the trolley, from time to time shifting around and throwing stuff back into random places around the shop just to roll back up, very minor blemishes on the boxes he tossed away, if he was a collector I would of understood but he was constantly checking his phone, clearly setting something up once he took that trolley out.

So as I mentioned long time ago here I just shoved my way into the pegs (kids would just be glancing while parents kept saying "let him finish dear" even though he was there for a good 10 mins in between his rummaging, no idea why he would shuffle to another section of the store just to toss out "bad" figures out) and started fist punching...literally punching boxes to reach into the back of the pegs and giving boxes a bit of a squeeze, after that he up and left, tossed out a nice k2so on the way that just had a window blemish but the nicest paint apps out of them all, and left, trolley half full of what he did find "ok".

I swear tru need quantity limits, always thought the trolleys of transformers mp's by the trolley load were a myth, after encountering him its more than believable since I still see him from the few times I visit highpoint (wish it was down near my way, kids would naturally ruin boxes lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Ahem, and what would you like to tell that person?
    I have a kid who really REALLY would like one to pair with my first order one

But who knows, might get lucky, maybe I wasn't meant to find one
    He also hasn't grown up yet and is also me

Snagged a Darth Revan, AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper over the past couple of days from Reject Shops in WA.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Snagged a Darth Revan, AT-AT Driver and Snowtrooper over the past couple of days from Reject Shops in WA.
    Good stuff.

I ended up buying the Leia and Obi yesterday. I saw them last week but initially skipped them as I already had the 40th versions. Unsure which Leia to open as the 40th version the better head.

I'd keep the 40th Leia sealed and crack open the Black.

The Little Toy Company have Revan $40, AT-AT Driver $35 and Hera $30 up again.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hmmmm.... i do need a Hera for my colleciones des rebels & LTC have been muy bien so far.

Megatran Guest

Thanks to board member KaRNiV8L PRiME for the Big W toy sale catalogue (22 June - 12 July). 40th anniversary 6-inch figures on sale for $25 (from $32).

Wonder if they will be Wave 1 and/or 2 or if there will be any left for the sale period.

Big W Catalogue

Picked up the TIE Fighter at TRU with the 20% FAMILY discount code. $160 felt like a decent enough price. No idea where I'm gonna put this thing.

I keep coming across the 40th anniversary wave 2 figures (1 Toyworld, 1 Big W and now 1 TRU) but it's always Jawas and Death Squad Commanders (of course, I got them at Toyworld a week ago and have consecutively seen them at cheaper and cheaper prices... how do I have this power??). TRU Cannington had THREE Jawas... how many were in a case??