Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TF4 Age of Extinction Movie - best and worst of 2014

Honestly at the time that I saw it I'd say it was the worst film I've ever been asked to pay money to see.

Since then I had the misfortune of being tricked into seeing Let's Be Cops.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

It may not have won any Oscars, but Transformers did get a (not negative) shout out in the ceremony's opening song performed by Neil Patrick Harris. Something along the lines of "watching Transformers that transform".

I enjoyed AoE... But that was mainly because of the build up. I won a tonne of competitions, got to meet Mark Wahlberg (he sat in front of me in the cinema) at an advanced screening of footage. I got free tickets to see an advanced screening of AoE at Imax as well as winning tickets for the premium cinemas in Canberra (the next day again an advanced screening )

I actually thought the 1st 70mins of A.O.E. were pretty good, it was different compared to the 1st 3 movies, then of course it headed south.Yes there are people out in the world who hate the movies for many reasons, but for me I like them. I get to see toys and cartoons from the 80's on the big screen. They transform, talk and Peter Cullen is there as well as our favourites. (Even if they aren't looking like there G1 selves, I can live with this as we are in the 2015's era). We get our own franchise, like the Trekkies, the Wars, the Furious. Yeah the script can be shit, but hey, it keeps the brand going, hopefully for another 30 years. In saying this, new director and writer will improve the movie verse. Love the toy's, keep em coming Hasbro & Takara.

Quote Originally Posted by entourage7 View Post
    I actually thought the 1st 70mins of A.O.E. were pretty good, it was different compared to the 1st 3 movies, then of course it headed south.Yes there are people out in the world who hate the movies for many reasons, but for me I like them. I get to see toys and cartoons from the 80's on the big screen. They transform, talk and Peter Cullen is there as well as our favourites. (Even if they aren't looking like there G1 selves, I can live with this as we are in the 2015's era). We get our own franchise, like the Trekkies, the Wars, the Furious. Yeah the script can be shit, but hey, it keeps the brand going, hopefully for another 30 years. In saying this, new director and writer will improve the movie verse. Love the toy's, keep em coming Hasbro & Takara.
    Agree. I've never had a problem with the movies. Love them!