Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Other 10th anniversary sets

Default Other 10th anniversary sets

Since Beast Wars got a 10th anniversary set in 2006, will any other series get one?

I'm trying to imagine a Beast Machines set (since that's going to be 10 years old next year or so), but it wouldn't exactly work if Hasbro wanted a deluxe-only line (as with BW), since the characters go everywhere in terms of size, and those that ARE deluxes are not accurate to the fiction (Optimus Primal, I'm looking at you), or just plain suck (according to every owner of BM Silverbolt, anyway).

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

In all honesty, I really don't think any other series have been memorable enough to warrant a birthday celebration of its own. It's pretty obvious G1 deserved to celebrate its 20th birthday, as well as BW blowing out its 10th birthday candles as it definitely brought new life to TFs as a whole.

I'm guessing Hasbro are gonna be lumping all their past lines into one for their 25th Birthday Party... (even though it could probably leave some lines out & no one would really miss them )

I hope they reissue RID Optimus Prime... with rubber tyres that are more durable...

..so in other words, a Super Fire Convoy reissue.
    The quality on Fire Convoy is substantially better than RiD Prime. I got Fire Convoy in 2000 and RiD Prime in 2002. After a couple of months the tyres on my RiD Prime had split yet the tyres on my Fire Convoy, to this day, are in tact. The paints are also nicer too - Fire Convoy has metallic red and a darker metallic grey on the ladder whereas RID Prime is flat.

i jokingly suggested a BM's 10th anniversary ages ago

i vould luv to see a 10th anniversary Botanica toy, maybe packaged like Transmutate.

I'd like RiD too. Not too thrilled about the concept of Beast Machines. I'd probably buy a few molds like Jetstorm but other than, not very likely.

I'd like Cybertron too b/c it's one of my favourite lines but that'd be pretty damn stupid of me to entertain given that the line ended up relatively recently.

What I'd love would be all the first year Beast War figures getting re-done. We need a better Rhinox! We do, we do!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    What I'd love would be all the first year Beast War figures getting re-done. We need a better Rhinox! We do, we do!
    I would love them to release multi-character boxsets.

Why is Hasbro/Takara celebrating a 25th anniversary? it doesn't seem as cool as 20th or 50th or 100th

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I just realised this year would have been the 25th Anniversary of Gobots...

I was looking at the 25 anniversary GI Joe toys yesterday and I would love to see new toys in replica (and shiny) 1984 style packaging.

(Which I realise is what Encore does but you know, in English... )