View Poll Results: GEN-15 VOY Silverbolt - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • Only if...

3 23.08%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Silverbolt (combiner)

Default Toy Review - GEN-15 VOY Silverbolt (combiner)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)
    Impressions of the group or a combiner as a whole can be posted here or in the pre-existing group review topic here.

SILVERBOLT
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Combiner Wars
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $50) US$25
    Approximate Size - 20cm (robot), 23cm (jet)
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Concord-ish plane
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Combiner core
    Main Colours - White, mustard, red, black.
    Main Accessories - gun

This guy is a lot better than I was expecting-overtakes CW Prime in my books!

Jet mode is a little messy but the long nose means it looks okay from the top (maybe he just has super space engines?)

Robot mode (even with back kibble) again just seems to look 'alive', and the variety of weapon options is a bonus.

It's a nice toy, better transformation than the voyager of same character earlier version.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Universe Silverbolt is an Ultra Class, not Voyager.

Another very nice Silverbolt figure, I really liked the big one we got a few years back and this one also gets the head and proportions right. His rifle is ridiculously long, they should have put a second peg half way down so he cold hold it with both hands. I like the fact you can detach the shield and put it on his arms though.

The jet mode suffers from the same problem the G1 toy had, as in there is so much bulk underneath at the rear of the jet, but I suppose everything has to go somewhere. A nice looking jet (from the top at any rate)

Easy enough transformation. Silverbolt is the last of the Wave 1's I got around to transforming and I'm trying to decide if I like the simplicity or not. On the one hand there is no challenge to it, on the other it means you don't have to spend an hour transforming them from vehicles to robots to gestalt and back if you want, there have been some toys I just dont bother with anymore as I cant be arsed sitting there for ages to do one figure.

But yeah, Silverbolt is recommended

I'm unsure wether I like this or the Ultra Class Universe one better. They are both disappointing in Jet mode, but what can a do?😔

I don't like how long the gun is. It could have been a lot smaller and still work with the combined mode... or be like Optimus and have a two part gun - two small guns for the individual toy, one big combined gun for the combiner toy (which still looks too long and thin though).

Gen2 Silverbolt 1994 (I never realised before that the robot mode had no stickers, so looks really plain/wrong) - Gen1 Silverbolt 1986 - Gen-2015 Voyager Silverbolt - JP Henkei Ultra Silverbolt 2009-ish - Hasbro Universe 2008 Ultra Silverbolt.

Hey Griffin, the shield part of that gun does come off, but the rifle is still quite long

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't like how long the gun is.
    It reminds me of this.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I'm curious, why is everyone posing G1 Silverbolt with Superions chest shield attached?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)