Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post

Ironhide: 'Your days are numbered now Decepta Chops!'
    decepticreeps

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So G2 Protectobots and G2 Combaticons are pretty much a no-brainer next year right?

With all the repaints and retools already in play (nearly 80 already) could Guard City and Battle Gaia get a run, or any of the four versions of Ruination. It's getting cray-cray

Three of the speculated sets in the first post of this thread are released or will be, and Scattershot's coming and there's plenty of options to make the rest of the Technobots, but there's a noticeable absence with the rest, the beast modes.

I was thinking - and it's pretty sacrilegious but bear with - what if the remaining teams had vehicle modes. Proper new head sculpts for all, their classic colours, but they turned into vehicles instead?

Here's how it could break down, although I did cheat and create two new toys into the mix: a tank voyager body (teamed with the motorbike legend) and a deluxe speedboat (something like CYB Thunderblast's alt mode).

Predaking
    Razorclaw - *new* mold Voyager Tank
    Divebomb - Air Raid repaint
    Razorclaw - Breakdown repaint
    Tantrum - Offroad repaint
    Headstrong - Rook repaint
    +Carnivac - Legend Groove repaint

Abominus
    Hun-Grrr - Onslaught remold
    Cutthroat - Fireflight repaint
    Rippersnapper - *New* mold deluxe speedboat
    Blot - Rook repaint
    Sinnertwin - Brawl repaint
    +Sixshot - Shockwave repaint (thinking Energon Sixshot here)

Piranacon
    Snap Trap - Razorclaw tank remould
    Tentakil - Alpha Bravo repaint
    Skalor - Swindle repaint
    Overbite - Rippersnapper speedboat repaint
    Seawing - Skydive repaint
    +Nautilator - Legend Groove repaint

Monstructor
    Slog - Optimus Prime remold
    Icepick - Breakdown repaint
    Wildfly - Alpha Bravo repaint
    Scowl - Breakdown repaint
    Birdbrain - Alpha Bravo repaint
    +Bristleback - Legend Blackjack repaint
    I was a bit bummed when I heard over the weekend that Hasbro said they are not working on beast combiners right now. Of my G1 Combiners Predaking is my favourite cause he's unique. Maybe we can get them in a CW2 line after Titan Wars.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

When they say "Beast" Combiners, I immediately thought of Magnaboss, Tripredacus etc. Sky Reign is going to be a bestial looking gestalt (at least for the core robot (Sky Lynx)), although I guess there's less risk with that since they're only investing in the core robot and filling the rest with redecos. They have released some BW characters in the Generations line (Rhinox, Rattrap, Waspinator), but again, they're just stand alone characters. Making an entire gestalt team is a higher investment. There's also the issue of redeco potential (or lack thereof) --- TakaraTOMY could repaint the Piranacons as God Neptune, but otherwise I guess they'd be limited.

CW Magnaboss & Tripredacus could be repainted as UW Magnaboss (II) & Tripledacus respectively. Arrrrriba muchachos!

If I were Hasbro, I'd probably look at doing something like making a new Predaking, then releasing the same moulds as a "reimagined" Magnaboss with two new members, possibly remoulding Tantrum or Headstrong to be more elephantine. I'm not sure the same could be done for Tripredacus though.

On the other hand, it might also be good for Hasbro to do three member combiners such as Rail Racer and the Beast Wars two, perhaps after Combiner Wars has run its course. It would be nice to see them mix up the formula, perhaps by finding a way to have parts still be interchangeable between different combiners, allowing for weird and wonderful combinations.

If Rail Racer is done, I would want Ruination and The Build Team (Landfill)

Scourge (non-exclusive of course) can easily be done

How close is CW wave 3 to wide distribution in Oz? I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger and buying a Rook off ebay for $36 shipped.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    How close is CW wave 3 to wide distribution in Oz? I'm thinking of just pulling the trigger and buying a Rook off ebay for $36 shipped.
    It's shown up in a lot of Myers, Big Ws, Kmarts and TRUs. I'd say it's as widespread now as it's probably gonna get.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Wave 3 deluxes are out but it depends on the store. Some are good, some are crap.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Hasbro says there are no plans for beast combiners but based on their considered reuse and repaint minset so far I would say there is potential for the G1 variety..
    • The limbs are mostly made from 4 legged animals with the odd winged animal thrown in.
    • The team leaders are all quadrupeds (although torso modes vary).
    • Sky Lynx has already been designed. What else could Judy Dench be reused as? Maybe some more creative engineering is yet to be seen.

What ever happens, a hiatus from the rest of the G1 combiners will sadden me no matter how fancy a titan may appear.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

If you make a Combiner with four helicopter limbs, is it called Bronwynbishopus?