Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Edit: Another thought on Blast Off - Given Alpha Bravo's legs give an Astrotrain vibe, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Skydive/Air Raid retool on that mould, same legs, different upper torso...
    this has been my thought since i first played with alpha bravo. Yes he'd end up upside down compared to g1 transformation, but the could make a new more solid back, but how to do the hands, he might end up with scultped hands in a curved arm to fit snug to the fuselage... But yeah to me the front already looks space-shuttley, so i'm keen to see if they make a new front (vortex) or new back and head (blast off), cos i like that mold.

I'll actually be kind of disappointed if we get a Bruticus out of CW, especially if it happen before other combiners like Computron. Bruticus, Superion, and Devastator are obviously the best remembered three from G1, as evidenced by the number of times they've been redone already:

Bruticus was re-released as Ruination in RID, in multiple colour schemes.
    Bruticus, Superion, and Devastator Constructicon Maximus were released as "Maximus combiners" in Energon.
    Constructicon Maximus was released as Devastator during Classics.
    Bruticus and Superion were re-released in Universe 2.0 and ROTF, depending on where you were in the world.
    Silverbolt (Superion torso) and Onslaught (Bruticus torso) got ultra class toys in Universe 2.0.
    Devastator was released as a supreme for ROTF.
    All of the Constructicons got individual voyagers or deluxes in ROTF.
    Devastator was released as a set of six legends class toys in ROTF, with multiple redecos including two different G1 homages.
    Finally, Bruticus was released in at least three different colour schemes for Generations FOC.

In my opinion, the releases of Bruticus in particular are far too numerous and too recent to warrant wasting an entire wave of CW toys on when that wave could instead be made up of some of the more interesting G1 combiners. Given his importance to the IDW mythos, for instance, who wouldn't want a Monstructor? Abominus got a legends-sized release recently in Beast Hunters, but what Piranacon? Or homage some of the later releases with a new Magnaboss, Landfill, Rail Racer, or Tripredacus. People want the Predacons, so Predaking is surely an obvious choice? I'd prefer to see any of these before yet another Bruticus.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I thought Computron was already rumoured as wave 4? I have t read the last couple of pages but yeah, it makes sense from a buriness point because they can repaint/retool existing figures easily for modt of bruticus, but yes I'd love piranacon (TakaTom King Poseidon bix set?!?!), and ofc predaking (need more cons imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I'll actually be kind of disappointed if we get a Bruticus out of CW, especially if it happen before other combiners like Computron. Bruticus, Superion, and Devastator are obviously the best remembered three from G1, as evidenced by the number of times they've been redone already:

Bruticus was re-released as Ruination in RID, in multiple colour schemes.
    Bruticus, Superion, and Devastator Constructicon Maximus were released as "Maximus combiners" in Energon.
    Constructicon Maximus was released as Devastator during Classics.
    Bruticus and Superion were re-released in Universe 2.0 and ROTF, depending on where you were in the world.
    Silverbolt (Superion torso) and Onslaught (Bruticus torso) got ultra class toys in Universe 2.0.
    Devastator was released as a supreme for ROTF.
    All of the Constructicons got individual voyagers or deluxes in ROTF.
    Devastator was released as a set of six legends class toys in ROTF, with multiple redecos including two different G1 homages.
    Finally, Bruticus was released in at least three different colour schemes for Generations FOC.

In my opinion, the releases of Bruticus in particular are far too numerous and too recent to warrant wasting an entire wave of CW toys on when that wave could instead be made up of some of the more interesting G1 combiners. Given his importance to the IDW mythos, for instance, who wouldn't want a Monstructor? Abominus got a legends-sized release recently in Beast Hunters, but what Piranacon? Or homage some of the later releases with a new Magnaboss, Landfill, Rail Racer, or Tripredacus. People want the Predacons, so Predaking is surely an obvious choice? I'd prefer to see any of these before yet another Bruticus.
    Bruticus is pretty much a quick and easy remould.

Onslaught - Hot Spot
    Vortex - Alpha Bravo
    Swindle - Off-road
    Brawl - Rook?
    Blast Off - ???

So, with most of them just needing new colour schemes and heads, it's not a far reach to say that they'll be along at some point. Especially with CW running for 2 years.

The problem with the beast combiners, Abominus, Monstructor, Predaking, Piraņacon is that it is not as easy to reuse moulds. And that is what Hasbro is all about these days.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Bruticus is pretty much a quick and easy remould.

Onslaught - Hot Spot
    Vortex - Alpha Bravo
    Swindle - Off-road
    Brawl - Rook?
    Blast Off - ???

So, with most of them just needing new colour schemes and heads, it's not a far reach to say that they'll be along at some point. Especially with CW running for 2 years.
    Yeah, its pretty much a foregone conclusion we will get the Combaticons. However I dont have an issue with this because frankly the Combaticons rock! I like'em more than all the animal gestalts combined

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    The problem with the beast combiners, Abominus, Monstructor, Predaking, Piraņacon is that it is not as easy to reuse moulds. And that is what Hasbro is all about these days.
    Nah, I already solved that problem for'em:

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

Winged Creatures
    Divebomb (Predacons)
    Cutthroat (Terrorcons)
    Wildfly (Monster Pretenders)
    Seawing (Seacons)

Feline Quadrupeds
    Rampage (Predacons)
    Razorclaw (Predacons) Possibly Voyager Sized?

Stocky Quadrupeds
    Ramhorn (Predacons)
    Headstrong (Predacons)
    Birdbrain (Monster Pretenders)
    Bristleback (Monster Pretenders)
    Snap Trap (Seacons) Voyager Size

2-Headed Dragon Quadrupeds

Sinnertwin (Terrorcons)
    Hun-Grrr (Terrorcons) Voyager Size

Aquatic Bipeds
    Rippersnapper (Terrorcons)
    Overbite (Seacons)
    Skalor (Seacons)

Mammalian Bipeds
    Blot (Terrorcons)
    Icepick (Monster Pretenders)
    Scowl (Monster Pretenders)
    Slog (Monster Pretenders)

Multi-limbed Sea Creatures
    Tentakil (Seacons)
    Nautilator (Seacons)
    And since Hasbro listens to everything I say I'm sure it'll all get announced in the next week or two they are going with my suggestions

No beast combiners please!...thanks.

I totally understand not really wanting a Bruticus in combiner wars, only because he has already been done many times before in other lines. But been a fan favorite he is destined to show up later in the line. That said I would absolutely love Computron! preferably as the next big release, Bruticus can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    I thought Computron was already rumoured as wave 4? I have t read the last couple of pages but yeah, it makes sense from a buriness point because they can repaint/retool existing figures easily for modt of bruticus, but yes I'd love piranacon (TakaTom King Poseidon bix set?!?!), and ofc predaking (need more cons imo.
    Wave 4 is probably the Masquerade Autobots, as discussed elsewhere: Prowl (from Streetwise or Rook), Sunstreaker (from Breakdown), Mirage (from Drag Strip), and Ironhide (from Offroad). Computron does seem very likely, though.

Come to think of it, with Silverbolt in the mix, a CW Magnaboss is more than likely, if in names only...

Default How's this for an idea?

I was moving my Generations Decepticons on their shelf the other day, and realised I have nearly the entire crew of the Ark-1 from IDW (AKA the Dead Universe crew), minus Tailpipe and Grindcore.

Then, as I was thinking some more about this phenomenon, I got to thinking about CW Cyclonus/Galvatronus and how we've been wondering if he'll get his own full crew or just be a torso. I've seen suggestions that he needs a crew of sweeps, but then I thought, wouldn't it be cool if instead he was made up of his fellow Dead Universe 'cons? The full list of Ark-1 crewmen (that we know of) is below, along with my ideas for how they could fit into the Combiner:

• Grindcore - redeco of a possible Combaticon Brawl.

• Tailpipe - redeco of Groove. The only problem would be that AFAIK the Silverbolt/Cyclonus mould doesn't have a spot to attach a chest piece. But given that we've not seen the full combined mode of Galvatronus, only illustrations thereof, this might be a problem that's been solved by a timely remould.

• Scourge - remould of one of the Aerialbots.

• Straxus - bit of a question mark, but his existing alt mode is Jeep-like enough that he could be a remould of the Offroad mould. Edit: DeltaPrime points out below that Rook would make a good base body for a new Straxus.

• Jhiaxus - also a remould of an Aerialbot. But a bit unlikely given he had his last release was only last year (not that that's ever been an issue for Optimus, Bumblebee, Megatron, or Starscream ) (you wait ages for a Jhiax-bus, then two come along at once)

• Cyclonus - the torso, obviously.

• Galvatron(us) - the combiner itself.

• Nova/Nemesis Prime - could be left out to stand on his own. REALLY needs his own leader class mould, though.

So what do people think? Is this a cool idea, or is it dead in the universe water?
    Last edited by Zommael; 14th March 2015 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    • Straxus - bit of a question mark, but his existing alt mode is Jeep-like enough that he could be a remould of the Offroad mould.
    I reckon you could possibly do Straxus out of Rook from the upcoming Protectobots