Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

I'm really hopin' for the Technobots. never had em as a kid, but i had a friend who did, and i always loved 'em Plus he's the last of the original G1 Autobot Combiners.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

I thought I'd see what the new Groove would look like in Afterburner's colours and it works perfectly.

CW Afterburner by Paul, on Flickr

In fact I think the robot mode looks more like Afterburner than Groove. I've seen about 50/50 reactions to the image of CW Groove about if it could be retooled into Afterburner. The bike mode is different, but look at what they did to turn TF:Prime Arcee to GEN Chromia.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I thought I'd see what the new Groove would look like in Afterburner's colours and it works perfectly.

In fact I think the robot mode looks more like Afterburner than Groove. I've seen about 50/50 reactions to the image of CW Groove about if it could be retooled into Afterburner. The bike mode is different, but look at what they did to turn TF:Prime Arcee to GEN Chromia.
    Well they do like to get multiple uses out of the mould. It wouldn't surprise me if they have an alternate tooling already lined up, much like they did with the Offroad mould
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I'm really hoping we get a new Wreck-Gar out of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Prime View Post
    I'm really hoping we get a new Wreck-Gar out of this too.
    Rumour has it we're getting Wreck-Gar out of Legends Groove.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

How cool would it be if in alt mode TFCC Marissa Faireborn would fit on him
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Default New characters for the Combaticons?

I'm starting to wonder who could be the new sixth, and possibly seventh, members of the Combaticons when they they finally make them.

I mean, we got two new ones with the Stunticons with Offroad being a spare appendage and Blackjack as a chest piece. With the Aerielbots we got Alpha Bravo as a spare appendage and Powerglide as a gun.

Maybe they could redo two classic Decepticon Micromasters. Nightflight as a chestpiece (since there is a gray enlongated piece with wings there on the original Bruticus) and maybe Bombshock for a gun? Or do you think they would do an extra limb character like the others?

There's rumours of a Legends Shockwave coming iirc, which if true, would be a pretty sweet throwback to that G1 episode of which name escapes me where Bruticus goes mental and uses Shockwave's gun mode

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    There's rumours of a Legends Shockwave coming iirc, which if true, would be a pretty sweet throwback to that G1 episode of which name escapes me where Bruticus goes mental and uses Shockwave's gun mode
    That's a damn fine idea . Or maybe Starscream as a chest piece since he created Bruticus in the episode before that. They have done a little Thunder and Warp so sure that Screamer toy is on it's way anyway

I think the episode you were referring to was 'The Revenge of Bruticus'

Yep, that's the one

CW Thundercracker and Skywarp are repaintts of the Thrilling 30 Starscream from 2013/14 (can't remember when)