Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    But doesn't Combiner Wars end next year? After that we roll into Titan Wars. If they have only just registered trademarks then the toys may not be anything more than sketches right now. If that is the case, we're looking at atleast 18 months until release.

Unless they have already prototyped the toys and chase the name after the fact?
    Dunno - could be they were always going to re-register 'Predacons' anyway since it's such a big name in TF's now, though it and 'Terrorcons' being done at the same time seems to tip the scales in favor of some Combiners down the line, unless the Terrorcons are going to be zombies in RID like they were in TFPrime

Maybe a zombie combiner? That would be SO COOL!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Zombiner?

Well we've already had in fiction the Necrotitan, so yeah that could work.

I think Hasbro are just trying to keep their IP current by re-registering those names... Both were used in the Prie series, but hopefully we get combiners out of it.

IDW's Monstructor is possibly the nearest thing we currently have to a zombie gestalt. IDW's Devastator was partially zombie for a while when they combined with a dead Scrapper as the right leg! (which of course, didn't work well, hence Prowlstator ).

Isnt TFCC Nexus Prime also a zombie combiner... Skyfall was killed by SG Alpha Trion

I just got my replacement UW Menasor in the mail from HLJ. This Motormaster has the correct ratchets in both hips thankfully. I'm just wondering in gestalt mode where should one store the limb-bots robot mode weapons. Also I think it's cool Breakdown can store his foot/hand on his back, that's going to look real good on Sunstreaker.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I just got my replacement UW Menasor in the mail from HLJ. This Motormaster has the correct ratchets in both hips thankfully. I'm just wondering in gestalt mode where should one store the limb-bots robot mode weapons. Also I think it's cool Breakdown can store his foot/hand on his back, that's going to look real good on Sunstreaker.
    I put Dead End and Wild Rider's weapons in Motor Master's hands as exhaust stacks, MM's weapons combined in Menasor's right hand, Breakdown's gun in the top of Menasor's left hand, and Drag Strip's blade in the bottom of Menasor's left hand.

Default Stupid Rant Time

You know what's getting on my nerves with CW? The number of different shades of white used for the characters.

Basically, there are two shades: a really bright almost pearlescent white, and an off-white. The pearlescent white is used for Firefly, Alpha Bravo, Blades, Rook, and First aid limb-wise, while the off-white is used for Streetwise and Breakdown.

What's irritating is that the off-white is used not only for the two limbs it is, it's also used for Silverbolt, so you have this combiner who has really bright white limbs with a slightly off torso. It's also irritating that Streetwise has it when the other three members of his team don't, even if it is Geewun accurate - I'd rather have matching limbs, thanks.

I guess the thing to do is purchase Battlecore Prime and make a combiner out of all four bright white characters, but is Battlecore itself bright white or off-white? ARGH!

Wonder how the CW line is fairing with the kids?

Really curious as many characters are arguably G1 based and not sure of how familiar the kiddies are

In saying that they seem to be selling well at least in my area. Im assuming the combining aspect and the fact the dont look like the AOE trash is probably helping them along. They look great on shelf i must say

Just a thought. Im on board as a collector and my son was initially quite keen until minecraft took over his world that is :P

Hoping its turning a profit
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I put Dead End and Wild Rider's weapons in Motor Master's hands as exhaust stacks, MM's weapons combined in Menasor's right hand, Breakdown's gun in the top of Menasor's left hand, and Drag Strip's blade in the bottom of Menasor's left hand.
    Motormaster and OP's hands are a great place to put weapons when in combined mode for some additional over-the-shoulder firepower.

For my part, I have Skywarp as the chest piece since the jets hold better and look just as nice as the official cars when used as chest pieces. I have Skywarp's weapons in Motormaster's hands as over-the-shoulder blasters. I then have Breakdown's gun in the port on Skywarp's front (so in the middle of the chest of the combiner) as a blaster, but I have also placed Dead End's pipe there and it looks just as good. I have the axe from Offroad in the top of the left hand, and the blade from Drag Strip in the bottom, making it look like a single enormous polearm that Menasor is holding in the centre. Finally, Motormaster's weapons combined into the big sword in the right hand. I just stick Dead End's pipe out of the way on the side of Offroad.

If you don't want to use Skywarp as the chest piece, I'd recommend sticking Breakdown's weapon in one of the MM hands. Dead End's pipe looks odd there but it's better than nothing. My only problem with Prjkt's suggestion is that while Dead End's weapon doesn't look like a gun, Breakdown's weapon doesn't look like a smokestack. C'est la vie.