Page 18 of 82 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

For anyone in the UK for the next month, and are lucky enough to get one of the limited tickets... consider checking out Dismaland. An artistic parody of themeparks like Disneyland, that is not suitable for children... created by a number of artists at an abandoned aquatic park in south west England.

It's fascinating just to scroll through the images, and might be some fun to visit, but this isn't a themepark for rides... it's more like an art gallery, with the theme of a perverse, morbid look on modern society.

Some recommended links for photos - here - here - here - here.

Hey you can send you name to mars on their next mission ... got my boarding pass...

"Mars enthusiasts around the world can participate in NASA’s journey to Mars by adding their names to a silicon microchip headed to the Red Planet aboard NASA's InSight Mars lander, scheduled to launch next year"

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/se...planet-mission

http://mars.nasa.gov/participate/sen...-name/insight/

The thing I find disappointing is all the youtube trolls, posting up random videos with the same title just to get page views (and revenue)... which I saw listed on the right among the "related videos".
    Clicking on one of them and seeing their other videos, there are a lot of other videos they have put up that don't match their titles.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I wonder if Megatron will make a cameo in the new Man From UNCLE movie...
    Or Dr Mallard from NCIS

The thing I find disappointing is all the youtube trolls, posting up random videos with the same title just to get page views (and revenue)... which I saw listed on the right among the "related videos".
    Clicking on one of them and seeing their other videos, there are a lot of other videos they have put up that don't match their titles.
    its cheap and disrespectful
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I saw on the news last night, the legendary horror master Wes Craven died yesterday.

Most famous for the Freddy Kruger series, he was also responsible for the Scream series, as well as directing the movie Red Eye, which was one of his most profitable movies.

Big Brother has been shelved and the house has been partially dismantled.

One less reality show for us to have to sit through this year... but never fear, there's plenty more reality shows to replace it.
    Even SBS has jumped on the bandwagon with a cooking competition show, with a Masterchef style show from China called Celebrity Chef.

The Block and X-Factor have also started their "sneak peek" advertising for their next series, that is likely to go for more weeks than the actual programs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The words 'reality' and 'television' should not be in the same sentence

I was watching the footy on the weekend and when the camera panned over the crowd they all just went feral. It's amazing how differently people act when they're on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

On the 'reality' TV side of things, I always despised them. They are just cheapass lazy ways for channels to fill in time when they can't be bothered producing anything. No need for script writers, or much planning and they can just use excess footage as much as they like. Pffah! Humbug! Humbug I say!
    I've always despised Reality TV with a passion. Hate Hate Vomit Hate!

The only two good reality TV shows ever were Iron Chef because it was cool to watch these professional Japanese chefs and the voiceovers were funny as, and the other was Trinny and Susannah as they spent every episode playing with the boobs of whoever they were doing a makeover of

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I am intimately familiar with most of the edaytime shows on ABC Kids. The Wiggles, Small Potatoes, In the Night Garden, Curious George, Chuggington, etc. But that is because I have a baby that will only eat solid food whilst distracted by the television.

Other than that, I can honestly say that I haven't watched TV in over 6 months. Can't say my life is any worse off. I just make up for it by spending more time on the internet.

Great ABC Kids shows - Peppa Pig, Ben & Hollys Little Kingdom, Thomas and Rob the Robot

Awful Shows - Miffy, Charlie & Lola, lots of the others

I saw the freakin funniest thing on Postman Pat the other day! He got the top half of him caught in a hole in a tree, was bent over and his pants had split and there was a big round hole right over his..... evacuation point. I said to Sarah "He looks like he is ready for it, he better hope its not a pervert that finds him". Anyway, a bloke came along and found him, grabbed him by the hips from behind and began to pull via the motion of continually thrusting his hips forward, throwing his head back and grunting.

My wife, who is more mature than I, even she was almost crying with laughter! Our kids were laughing at us laughing but thankfully I don't think they got the joke

Megatran Guest

Train strike in Melbourne tomorrow. Brace yourself for road & public transport carnage.

Who remembers this TV commercial from 1991 when mobile phones came along?

"Nah mate, mobile phone!"

#nostalgia

Sure do. We've got one of those old phones on display here at our office. It's pretty amazing when you think about it that what we carry in our back pocket is in essence a tiny computer far more powerful than anything released back in 1991.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Anyone know who this is? This half a figure has been on my colleagues monitor for years.

It's stamped Hungry Jacks and Marvel 2007.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain