Page 34 of 82 FirstFirst ... 142429303132333435363738394454 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Maybe spoilers for the new Netflix Voltron cartoon

In the trailers, the team has a new character in the black outfit, not Sven, who's clearly older than the others and seemingly "in charge". Was jokingly thinking "hope nothing happens to him" but it got be thinking.

Never quite understood as a kid why Keith and Lance wore different coloured uniforms to their Lions. In the original anime was Sven the leader and Black Lion pilot until he died was badly injured at which point the other two rotated? I could imagine that might happen in the new show and wonder if that would actually be accurate to the original story?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Maybe spoilers for the new Netflix Voltron cartoon

In the trailers, the team has a new character in the black outfit, not Sven, who's clearly older than the others and seemingly "in charge". Was jokingly thinking "hope nothing happens to him" but it got be thinking.

Never quite understood as a kid why Keith and Lance wore different coloured uniforms to their Lions. In the original anime was Sven the leader and Black Lion pilot until he died was badly injured at which point the other two rotated? I could imagine that might happen in the new show and wonder if that would actually be accurate to the original story?
    Nope, Keith was always the team leader. Been ages since I've seen the show but in the first episode where they pilot the lions (think it was third episode in to the series...?) Keith actually flies the green lion due the black lions key being missing, plus Pidge was separated from the team at that point, but right from the outset Lance flies the red lion wearing the blue uniform and Sven flies the blue lion in the black uniform. There's no apparent reason why that was the case, if those two had of been the other way around then Keith/Sven would of been the only lion/colour clash but giving Lance the red lion just made it that extra bit confusing. There was at least one later episode where Lance ("correctly") flies the blue lion.

Plus, when Sven is (largely) written out of the show, the Princess takes over the blue lion wearing a pink uniform. And unless I'm colour blind, Hunk's uniform always looked more orange than yellow. Then much later when W.E.P. commissioned Toei to make more Voltron episodes after they'd run out of GoLion episodes to dub, for some reason in those episodes the green lion/Pidge's uniform is coloured in a shade of green that's so dark it almost looks black.

Ugh.

Megatran Guest

What's the go with Kmart. They plonked the checkout / pay station right in the center of the store ... as well as at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    What's the go with Kmart. They plonked the checkout / pay station right in the center of the store ... as well as at the front.
    My local only has it in the middle. I dont like it at all. I just wanna grab my stuff and head out. It being in the middle means I have to go further to buy things.

Only thing it is good for is my step count.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

They've been rolling that new layout to stores for a while now. It sucks. Southland has had some 'quick' self checkouts at the exit which kind of helps. The store layout though is crowded and messy, but they have $25 deluxes so I go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    We're trying to make you spend more. Pay for something in the middle, you might also grab something on your way out, in case you forgot.
    Serious, that's why you'll also see all of the 'worlds' next to each other, with all of the associated products within arms reach.

An email I sen to Telstra tonight:

It may surprise you to learn that the call you speak of below, scheduled for 6:30pm tonight, did not happen. I know, shocking right?!?! This is now the 4th time I have not received a scheduled call in relation to this issue. I will not direct my wrath toward you, for I know that you and your team are simply the poor sods faced with the sometimes insurmountable task of fronting the ire of the Australian social media monster and explaining the yet new level of incompetence your company has, despite all odds, managed to achieve. And believe me, the irony of Australia's largest phone service provider, navigating social media (in my experience so far) quite adequately yet be so inept as to not be able to arrange for a phone call to be made at a scheduled time, is not lost on me. But I suppose I could be jumping to conclusions, after all, while I was given a time of 6:30pm Tuesday, no time zone was specified.

After my complaint on your Facebook page Your staff replied with an apology and within an hour it appears that someone within your organization recalled the use of a touch tone phone and rang me to organize a 5th call for tomorrow night at 6:30pm.

Now, I must admit I am curious as to whether this streak can be maintained. On one hand, it would be supremely awesome to get this issue sorted. On the other hand, I find myself wondering if there is an official world record for non-returned phone calls and whether I've got a shot at it?

I thank you and your social media staff for the assistance and hope you pass my complaint on. I fully intend to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman. As Telstra's blatant lack of respect for its customers cannot go unreported.

Cheers,

Trent
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    We're trying to make you spend more. Pay for something in the middle, you might also grab something on your way out, in case you forgot.
    Serious, that's why you'll also see all of the 'worlds' next to each other, with all of the associated products within arms reach.
    Thanks for the explanation. Was wondering this myself. Being a guy, I'm not an impulse buyer though. When I go into the shops, I know what I want and head straight for it. Once I have secured said item, it's straight to the registers and out the door - mission complete My wife's the complete opposite. She likes to browse and it gives me the shits. It's kinda like spending money for the sake of spending.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've only just found out that the original TMNT movies have been released on Blu-ray here. How did I miss that??? Does anyone here have them? Kind of wondering how the quality is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Was wondering this myself. Being a guy, I'm not an impulse buyer though. When I go into the shops, I know what I want and head straight for it. Once I have secured said item, it's straight to the registers and out the door - mission complete My wife's the complete opposite. She likes to browse and it gives me the shits. It's kinda like spending money for the sake of spending.
    It's also why supermarkets typically put essentials like milk right up the back, to make customers walk past the rest of the store and try to entice them to buy more stuff.
    #year9commerce