Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 52626768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Lego Masters new season is recruiting. Same with Amazing Race. Have a sob story at the ready.
    Or be the guy that viewers love to hate Surprised Amazing race is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Or be the guy that viewers love to hate Surprised Amazing race is still running.
    I saw that commercial too, wondering how they were going to do it during the current climate of closed borders, quarantine requirements and virus infestations. Even if they could get people who have anti-bodies (meaning that they have already had the virus), most countries and citizens are not going to be too welcoming of foreigners for at least another 6-12 months.

Amazing Race will just be in Australia once border restrictions are lifted.

If anyone wants to apply and submit a video with me for the audition process im all for competing in the amazing race

Believe they want to do a "within the same country" Race... but even that's not likely at the moment in Australia

I was going to say in my post that maybe they could just do it within Australia... but with some borders remaining closed (and now the resurgence in Melbourne), I think they jumped the gun a bit, even if it is just done within Australia.
    If it does go ahead, and soon, it would be great advertising for domestic tourism if they go to some interesting and exotic places, to help kick-start the tourist economy while foreigners are not allowed back in.

There was an Australian reality show competition that was people just travelling in Australia. Maybe 15 years ago? It was like the Amazing Race but wasn't. It might have been families? I can't remember the name of it though and Google isn't helping.

Edit: Found it. Remembered it was hosted by Matt Tiley and that led me to The Great Chase https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3QyGvJAlnk

Channel surfing yesterday... came across the old Mission Impossible TV show from the 70s (in the afternoons on channel 12 or 10-Bold), and saw a very human looking Vulcan. Looking it up online, Leonard Nimoy was in 49 episodes of Mission Impossible, the year after Star Trek ended, so he was still very young (with his very unique voice)... and he looked really weird without the makeup and pointy ears.

A new Lorna Jane active wear line is proposed to be effective against viruses. I'll be rushing out to get a sports crop top & three-quarter pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    A new Lorna Jane active wear line is proposed to be effective against viruses. I'll be rushing out to get a sports crop top & three-quarter pants.
    How many tops and pants can you buy for 40k?

And now they have been fined 40k over it. I would perhaps reconsider