Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 54646970717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

We used to be able to do a search on this forum and see results as Threads or Posts. But now we can only see Threads. Is this right? Am I missing something?

(I'm trying to find a post I made and it's proving more difficult than it should!)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    We used to be able to do a search on this forum and see results as Threads or Posts. But now we can only see Threads. Is this right? Am I missing something?

(I'm trying to find a post I made and it's proving more difficult than it should!)
    On the Advanced Search page, there are two search tabs that show up under the "new sales and toys" header box (this is since the upgrade last year... I don't know why, as it annoys me when I use the wrong one, and seems unnecessary).

By default, you first end up on the "Search Multiple Content types" tab, which is the right-side tab. This doesn't give you a results option.

Click on the left tab "Search Single Content type" tab. This one gives you the option at the bottom to select Threads or Posts as your results.

Thanks. Yes that other tab is what I was looking for in advanced. Didn’t notice the tabs at all.

This will make finding things on this forum so much easier. Thanks!

I haven't seen the hot cross buns yet (they usually are in Coles and Woolies within 3 days of Christmas), but they have both already been rolling out the Easter eggs as of yesterday...

I've checked out several stores in the last 3 days, and I've noticed that this year there was a LOT less unsold christmas items (decorations & foods) this year (in my area - it could be different in places like Sydney). Some stores I went to had almost nothing christmas related on clearance.
    It wouldn't be a sign of people buying more this year compared to other years, but would be because the retailers were cutting back on their orders back around June, when it looked like the economy was going to be stalled in lockdown for the next year or so. But then as Australia did better with the virus than anyone had predicted, we saw the re-opening of states and wound back restrictions, allowing a lot more people to get back to work and spend more (and most states to be able to have a normal christmas). As such, it was too late for retailers to readjust their stock orders, because of how much stuff is made in China and produced around 6 months in advance.

At work, we had Easter Eggs on sale before Christmas day. I'm sure that's a sin in church-goers eyes. lol
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Are they left overs from last Easter? Already ordered and have to sell

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    At work, we had Easter Eggs on sale before Christmas day. I'm sure that's a sin in church-goers eyes. lol
    Eggs and bunnies are pagan so its all fiiine

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I haven't seen the hot cross buns yet (they usually are in Coles and Woolies within 3 days of Christmas), but they have both already been rolling out the Easter eggs as of yesterday...
    One of my local Safeways had Hot Cross Buns out but no eggs.

I'm excited though coz I love those Apple/Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns and they make a really good Bread and Butter pudding.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Right on cue, the Coles near me had a heap of hot cross buns out today, with today being the "baked on" date.