Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5868737475767778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    But just as a big side note, our industrial actions are way more than just pay disputes. They're trying to bring in unsafe trains by cutting the guards important role out to save money. And they are finding it cheaper to pay out compensation to familys if someone is maimed or killed because of the operating of these trains. Imagine that, putting money as more important than lives. Yep, our government sucks.
    I have no doubts about the public safety concerns. I'm in a different aspect of public service but the community benefit still ranks very highly in everyone's mind - it's what keeps people involved in lower paying roles - the public role they serve (plus a little more flexibility).

There's history in other industries though - Ford is famous for the Pinto in the 70's. The fuel tank was susceptible to bursting into flames if ruptured in a collision. They had worked out it would be cheaper to fight / pay out compensation than delay production / recall the vehicle to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    "We appreciate the work you've done through pandemic, but not so much that you deserve payrises..."

EA negotiations were going to happen no matter what, just bad luck it happened during the pandemic. But whilst managers and others were safe working from home, emergency services and transport were all on the front line. Nurses and medical staff are so undervalued by our governments it's not funny. Overstretched, underpaid and undervalued.

But just as a big side note, our industrial actions are way more than just pay disputes. They're trying to bring in unsafe trains by cutting the guards important role out to save money. And they are finding it cheaper to pay out compensation to familys if someone is maimed or killed because of the operating of these trains. Imagine that, putting money as more important than lives. Yep, our government sucks.
    The guards? This almost sounds criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    The guards? This almost sounds criminal.
    Guards is a silly title imo. What we do is make announcements, operate the doors, customer service stuff, etc. On normal days. When things go wrong, we're trained for that. But they want drivers to watch cameras, operate the doors, watch cameras again whilst looking ahead at the track. Our system is not safe for that

At Kmart the other day, I saw retro TMNT toys. With the Vintage Beast Wars toys and new MOTU toys at BigW, it's like the stores are back in the 80s/90s again.

Also at Kmart, I saw some new Marvel toys... noting that they have "mystery Web Gear" included with the toy... but if you turn the packaging to the side, you can see what the mystery piece is included. It probably isn't a random inclusion, but still... if it is marketed as a mystery item, it should be a surprise when you open up the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At Kmart the other day, I saw retro TMNT toys. With the Vintage Beast Wars toys and new MOTU toys at BigW, it's like the stores are back in the 80s/90s again.

My first visit to the toy shops after lockdown I saw: Vintage BW toys, Headmasters in 80s style boxes, carded 90s TMNT figures and the Turtle's party wagon, and Real Ghostbusters figures. Very much a time warp feeling.

Linkin Park's songs.... do they all sound the same to others? Their song 'Numb' just came up on a spotfiy playlist and thought oh there's that song from Transformers, but no it just sounds like their songs from the Transformers movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Linkin Park's songs.... do they all sound the same to others? Their song 'Numb' just came up on a spotfiy playlist and thought oh there's that song from Transformers, but no it just sounds like their songs from the Transformers movies.
    Mostly the big singles like In The End, Crawling, Numb, New Divide, Burn It Down and to an extent What I've Done. Breaking the Habit and One Step Closer I can easily tell apart from other songs (and this isn't getting started how from Minutes to Midnight each new album had a different sound).

Though if anything, their last album was bashed by fans for NOT sounding like anything else they had done before.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Rest is peace Al.

I was never happy with the way his character Cavil went out in BSG. Apparently, Dean was the one that pushed to have Cavil off himself, but I feel like that was out of character.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.