Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

Even if the figures turn out to be a disappointment, I'm looking forward to seeing the customs on the combined form.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Even if the figures turn out to be a disappointment, I'm looking forward to seeing the customs on the combined form.
    i was thinking about this today. No doubt there'll be a lot of sculpted details under the simple paint apps. I'm looking forward to them

Update from TFW2005 member Marvelous who attended the event:

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous

I attended the Hasbro booth and can clarify some points.

Devy consists of 6 parts with individual robot modes. He is nearly the same height as Metroplex. It's going to be a TRU exclusive and will be officially revealed at New York toy fair. He is very G1esque and looks great. The only thing that's kind of a bummer, is that the individual robots look a bit upscaled, like the upscaled cyberverse Beast Hunters deluxe figures.
    But Devastator is an entirely new mold. He also has his own kind of combining ports as far as I could see.

Also, for the RID show, the Minicons will get a comeback. There was a version of Drift on show, which futures a shooting mechanism for the Minicons. Looks a lot like the Warrior class but is called deployers.

Also there were more platinum sets with G1 reissues/ repaints. One set with Blitzwing and Astrotrain, but with strange color schemes. BW was mostly red,while AT orange and white.
    the second set includes Blaster and Perceptor Which seems mostly unchanged from their G1 style. Percy had a new accessory, that can fit on his back and looked like sine sort of missile launcher
    Which brings us to where we are today...

It seems like people all over the web are looking at blurry glimpses of the toy (and rumours before that) and trying to decide if they should love it or hate it. You don't have to love it or hate it. If CW Devastator is not absolutely "perfect" to your tastes, it doesn't mean it's "the worst thing Hasbro's ever done". There's a whole spectrum of emotions out there.

From the news filtering out there's things I'd prefer they did differently but so far they've done a lot more right than wrong and I'm looking forward to finding out more.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i was thinking about this today. No doubt there'll be a lot of sculpted details under the simple paint apps. I'm looking forward to them
    3rd party add ons for this thing are going to be plentiful as well.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Oh no... My most feared words of Transformers collecting - TRU exclusive...
    I really, really hope that piece of info is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Oh no... My most feared words of Transformers collecting - TRU exclusive...
    I really, really hope that piece of info is wrong
    Preach on, sister. TRU exclusive = no chance of finding one.
    "Once you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will soon follow."

Please check my toy blog: www.tonkstoys.com

It's a real shame if Astrotrain and Blitzwing go ahead with the orange, red and white schemes. I think they really had an opportunity to make money off of the anime accurate colour scheme on AT.

Devastator seems pretty good to me. If the engineering for each bot is the same as the Combiner Wars deluxes, just upscaled, that's absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    Preach on, sister. TRU exclusive = no chance of finding one.
    From the looks of their posts, it seems that it may only be a European TRU exclusive, or they could just be talking about MP Bluestreak.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    It's a real shame if Astrotrain and Blitzwing go ahead with the orange, red and white schemes. I think they really had an opportunity to make money off of the anime accurate colour scheme on AT.
    Then watch the price of the eHobby version go down. I'd be all for that.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It seems like people all over the web are looking at blurry glimpses of the toy (and rumours before that) and trying to decide if they should love it or hate it. You don't have to love it or hate it. If CW Devastator is not absolutely "perfect" to your tastes, it doesn't mean it's "the worst thing Hasbro's ever done". There's a whole spectrum of emotions out there.

From the news filtering out there's things I'd prefer they did differently but so far they've done a lot more right than wrong and I'm looking forward to finding out more.
    100% agree. We are getting a G1 accurate Devvy. There should be rejoicing IMHO. That's great news. He's big, he's faithful, and he's coming to retail shelves!

I'm buying him for my 6 year old and I will eventually get green giant for my own collecting tastes. It's all win