Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

I really hope the individual modes shine because all I see so far is an upscaled G1 toy that has succeeded in looking just as awkward as the original. The only real improvement I can see is that they've eliminated that hip piece by making Long Haul do upper thighs as well as lower torso.

Also it appears they've sacrificed a lot of the vehicle mode playability (with exception of Scrapper who appears to have become more real world accurate!) to achieve some combiner articulation. I'm not sure if the sacrifice was worth the payoff. One thing I was a big fan of with the G1 figures is that their alt modes were very decent construction vehicle toys in their own right.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Source?
    (always credit a source, so that we don't get into trouble from the source, or from Hasbro if they think we are the source)
    My apologies the original post has been amended.

8/10, will buy. I'm sure he'll look passable once it's finished and posed properly.

Maybe I've just been spoilt by 3rd party but this not what I was looking for.
    Damn good effort when you consider this will be half the price and twice the size of Giant.

Still would've preferred this Devastator stand at the same height as the other combiners, maybe 6 deluxes. I just hope the extra size and price point means this can accommodate a Prowlestator config.
    Last edited by CBratron; 6th February 2015 at 12:05 PM.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

The only reason I can think of for the head being so small is it needs to be integrated into Hook.
    Also looking at the treads, I can't see Scavenger and Bonecrusher's knee joints...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Mix master looks off on the feet?
    I do agree, proportion looks slightly out.

Whilst I'm not personally a fan of the Constructicons I have a son who will be desperately begging for this toy.
    Since experiencing the fun of the giant Stomp and Chomp Grimlock (after being a massive skeptic of the "simplified" toys) I don't mind if this isn't as technically complex as long as each component is fun to play with and combines properly. As a Transformers fan I like the G1-ish feel, as a mum I LOVE the idea of a big chunky Devistator my son can finally call his own. If this guy doesn't help balance out the Decepticon cause nothing will!

I think it's easy to criticize when there's just one photo with Devastator in a terrible pose and suspect lighting. First shots of Superion and Menasor were also a bit average but in-hand Superion looks amazing and Menasor is looking better and better as more pics are released. Personally I couldn't be more excited about this guy coming out, what an awesome time to be a Transformers fan!!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's only natural we give opinions on what we see. I may get it if the price is right, but if its TRU exclusive I don't think it will be. And if that's so then the third party may be the better piece after all.

Looks OK. He has his knees in his thighs though, but considering the design, I guess that's the way it has to be. I suspect the balance will be awful with them up there though.

Sceptical, but would love to see more about this guy!!