Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 132328293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Looks like TFi Down Under has opened its preorders for the Takara Devy, $200

http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/tak...rs-devastator/
    There is a disclaimer about price and you can't cancel your order.
    There is a warning at the tfi thread atm.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Wasn't obvious to me but I now know.
    Fair enough and I'm sure you're not alone. Since I own the G1 version, I realised early on that Scrapper, in particular his arms, would form one of the heels similar to the original. Given that CW Devy stands at 45 cms and weighs a fair bit, including elbow joints could affect the stability, especially if they're weakened by ongoing 'play wear'. Maybe this won't be the case, but either way, I wouldn't be spending $200 plus on a maybe. Not going to be an issue for anyone displaying him in individual bot modes obviously.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Looks like TFi Down Under has opened its preorders for the Takara Devy, $200

http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/tak...rs-devastator/
    Be sure to read the fine print

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Fair enough and I'm sure you're not alone. Since I own the G1 version, I realised early on that Scrapper, in particular his arms, would form one of the heels similar to the original. Given that CW Devy stands at 45 cms and weighs a fair bit, including elbow joints could affect the stability, especially if they're weakened by ongoing 'play wear'. Maybe this won't be the case, but either way, I wouldn't be spending $200 plus on a maybe. Not going to be an issue for anyone displaying him in individual bot modes obviously.

Wished I knew a bit earlier but it is all good

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Be sure to read the fine print

Yeah it was estimate price and i think it is obvious since no one else is opening up POs but i think it is a decent estimate considering how Hasbro and Takara prices are already close with each other

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This is why Hasbro said at BotCon that they didn't give elbows, because the toy wasn't stable enough in combined mode with them... and they are interested to see what TakaraTomy have done to give theirs stability.
    I'd prefer a Devastator that doesn't keep falling over than a couple of missing elbows that don't effect play with the majority of people buying the toy. (which is the priority of Hasbro - doing what the majority of their customers will want in order to make *them* buy their products, and then throw in as much extras for the fans as they can afford)
    I am not totally buying it. Basically, the elbows would only be a hinder if the angle of them as Devastator's heel was with the elbows were facing forwards. If the elbows were facing back, the weight of Devastator would lock them in solid for stability as the arms are not placed in a straight angle..

Third party Devastator components all have elbow joints, do they not?
    I think we all know that despite the spin Hasbro have put on it, it's a budget issue.

December's perfect timing, I'll wait for a confirmed price, hopefully the preorder stays up until around that time. If all else fails, Hasbro is the answer.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Third party Devastator components all have elbow joints, do they not?
    I think we all know that despite the spin Hasbro have put on it, it's a budget issue.
    Can't speak for Hercules, but Green Giant's Scrapper's arms fold up into the wheel wells, not sticking straight out like with G1/CW Devastator, and there's some parts forming involved in moving a stabilising piece there to hold them in place - not ideal in a kids' toy, so I can understand Hasbro's choice.

With Herc, the arms fold up and tab into the shoulder so both forearms form up a heel. Quite solid so maybe this is what the Takara one will do?