Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202535 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just NSW (as mentioned on the Club homepage) or the whole country?

A lot of useful information in here, thanks to the members that contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yes and yes.
    Thanks GoktimusPrime. I found the Megatron thread in kups discussions section that has pretty much all the information I was after.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15885

Do you need a replica gun license if you have a real gun license ( i would hope not)?
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    I get that. But they sold Apollyon, why is this any different to that except the order numbers being much higher? Surely the steps they took to import Apollyon should also apply here since each figure represents a replica gun?
    Back then it was probably a combination of lesser units and them being a smaller company, so they were willing to wing it. Now that they've grown and are likely to get a sizeable amount of MP-36s, they're probably not willing to risk anything.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

More so on those states which require extra as customers may just handball it that it's PC responsibility when is probably not in some ways.

People will scream for joy when they get it but when things go south we going to have lots of ugly legal battles just for a toy.

Perhaps PC may be state bias and just sell it to those with no issues. I don't know, it's their business call. You don't want it on front page of the news, as it could be bad publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Just NSW (as mentioned on the Club homepage) or the whole country?
    The Megatron Club is available to anyone across Australia. The necessity for a permit depends on your state/territory. See the Megatron Club page and/or contact your state's Police Ministry for further information.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Do you need a replica gun license if you have a real gun license ( i would hope not)?
    I don't know but it's a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The Megatron Club is available to anyone across Australia. The necessity for a permit depends on your state/territory. See the Megatron Club page and/or contact your state's Police Ministry for further information.

I don't know but it's a good question.
    Question for you GoktimusPrime, I need some clarification on storage area. Does it need to be locked up in a display case or safe? Also does someone come out to your house and inspect the storage area?

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    I'm buying 2 from PC if they allow more than 1. If you're reading PC please stock it.

In addition to my previous question about the Megatron collectors club, what are the safe storage requirements? Bars on window and lock on door is ok, but does it really need to be in a safe or locked display? And does someone come out to check the premises?
    Can someone please answer this? This is another worry of mine. I just want to display Megatron on a shelf in Robot mode

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    This looks brilliant. For all the whinging I'm seeing only (grey not silver/legs too long/torso too short) I'm excited beyond words.

I'm actually considering ordering 3, because I'm such a fan of TFTM that I need to display the battle damaged version alongside the regular version (plus an alt mode display too!).
    Cough cough - u know where get them?