Page 27 of 49 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

You can tell customs all you want that you live in a state where a permit to possess isn't required, they will not release your goods till they receive your B709. It's not hard to understand, importing replica and imitation firearms first requires compliance with federal law in all states and territories.

Not true. There have been collectors in SA and WA who've had their toys seized by Customs and were released to them without permit once those people explained to them that they lived in states where the toys are unrestricted. If you live in a state where it is restricted, then yes, it won't be released to you until you present your permit.

Well I'm speaking from first hand experience in a state where a permit to possess is not required. The stories you heard, did you ever stop to wonder why the items were seized in the first place if it's common knowledge amongst customs officers that there is no permit to possess required in that state?
    "Hey you seized my goods, im allowed to own here in sa"
    "Oh really good sir? Yeah we know, we just did this for shits and giggles and will release your goods to you"

Ok so the response I got for the storage requirement was just what I listed about under "Imitation firearms (including laser/infrared devices)". Nothing else (which I assume means not the other section)

So I'm thinking of just getting this and putting a padlock on it. Or should I fork out the extra $18 for the cam lock and key?

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...play-showcase/

This plastic action figure is tearing me apart, Lisa!

Display wise all I have is anIKEA detolf and a 6$ lock like these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121166857566

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Customs have nothing to do with it. They merely enforce the relevant State law as it is up to each State Police to decide whether the gun is a replica/toy. State Police firearms are the ones who give you the permit to import (B709)...you just give the permit to Customs if they happen to "hold" your toy and they will release it to you. So assuming you're in Qld, you need to check with Qld Police.
    You miss the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Well I'm speaking from first hand experience in a state where a permit to possess is not required. The stories you heard, did you ever stop to wonder why the items were seized in the first place if it's common knowledge amongst customs officers that there is no permit to possess required in that state?
    "Oh really good sir? Yeah we know, we just did this for shits and giggles and will release your goods to you"
    I've also wondered that.
    If an item like an MP5 is addressed to a WA, SA &/or QLD residence, why all of the foreplay for a B709?
    By my logic, you really don't need one if it's permitted in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    "Oh really good sir? Yeah we know, we just did this for <expletive> and giggles and will release your goods to you"
    The stories came from members of this board, so feel free to question some of our SA and WA based residents here if you doubt their tales.

Quote Originally Posted by aching878 View Post
    Display wise all I have is anIKEA detolf and a 6$ lock like these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121166857566
    If I get a display cabinet tower, I'll probably get the fantastic furniture one (as it can apparently hold more weight) and that lock.

But then I'd have to spend more money. It's a tough call to be honest. The cube might be more durable due to having toughened glass, but a tower would look better and hold more items.

I also only really have 40 cm of space left in my room: 44cm if I put my rolled up posters elsewhere and move my shelving unit 4cm.

If I just get the cube I can put it on top of the shelving unit, but there's always be the chance it'd fall. If I get the tower, it'll have the benefits I mentioned above, but might be less durable and cause me to spend more than I have to.