Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1525303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    My concern is that PC may not have actually thought about this before doing all the pre orders as they weren't around for MP5 and may not know the requirements.

I would have thought they would need a special import licence and then be required to only sell to those with permits.

FYI I obtained MP5 and got the permit. Didn't cost me a cent, no cops have ever visited my place, and the permit lasts 5 years. Not a real hassle and I'd rather ensure I legally own it.
    Well apparently they sought clarification and legal advice about importing it and the selling it to customers other states - it was on their facebook from memory. That being said, they're getting into the country so no one needs an import license if they're getting it from PC.
    As for the permit well, be glad your state government at least came to the table and agreed on the Megatron, unlike us Viccos who were given a big piece of bugger all
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I'm hopeful that the Megatron club guys will somehow pull through and be able to be part of the organisations exempt from the permit fees in Victoria.

Otherwise I'll either have to go get a lockable case and the permit, or cancel my pre-order from PC. I think I remember reading that PC said they wouldn't do refunds, but that doesn't seem legal.

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    I'm hopeful that the Megatron club guys will somehow pull through and be able to be part of the organisations exempt from the permit fees in Victoria.

Otherwise I'll either have to go get a lockable case and the permit, or cancel my pre-order from PC. I think I remember reading that PC said they wouldn't do refunds, but that doesn't seem legal.
    The Megatron Club is no good in Victoria, that has been stated a few times already. The Victorian authorities do not care about generating any exemptions, you either pay the 3-yearly permit fee and get a lockable case, or you just buy Megatron anyway, or you just dont buy him.
    www.mariokart64.com

So basically all I should do is join the Megatron club and it's alright? Better tell my mate about this
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    The Megatron Club is no good in Victoria, that has been stated a few times already. The Victorian authorities do not care about generating any exemptions, you either pay the 3-yearly permit fee and get a lockable case, or you just buy Megatron anyway, or you just dont buy him.
    I've actually been in contact with the appropriate departments and it is possible for them to make an application to be an approved organisation in Victoria. TMC have said they're looking into it, so it's just a wait and see if they are successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    I've actually been in contact with the appropriate departments and it is possible for them to make an application to be an approved organisation in Victoria. TMC have said they're looking into it, so it's just a wait and see if they are successful or not.
    Pretty sure they have been knocked back in the past, so don't hold your breath.
    www.mariokart64.com

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    So basically all I should do is join the Megatron club and it's alright? Better tell my mate about this
    According to what danny-boy has reported, the Megatron club only covers MP-05.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    According to what danny-boy has reported, the Megatron club only covers MP-05.
    My first point was wrong as I was told I had to wait for the verdict and that the outlook might not be good. Thankfully it was all good.

My second point is true. I was told the current permit was only valid for MP-05 when I made the silencer comparison to G1 Megatron.

Edit: You have to be part of the Megatron Club no matter which version of Megatron you have or wish to purchase.

Sorry for potential duplication, but have VIC requirements changed for MP-36? Or is it still unknown?

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So has anyone got any idea of requirements for people in the ACT?