Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'll ask to see if you can fax the permit to them, and if they can drop it back into the mail... but I have a feeling that the original permit (not a copy or fax) has to be surrendered to them,
    I wonder if they'd accept a copy that's been stamped/signed by a JP.

Wait wait wait, all this time there was a Golden MP Megatron?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Wait wait wait, all this time there was a Golden MP Megatron?!?!
    Only since January or so... Asia exclusive...

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    Only since January or so... Asia exclusive...
    I must notify Bond immediately!

I asked the QLD police if they were interested in borrowing the toys in my group photos for a comparison photo with a real weapon, to use and share among other Police agencies as a reference guide... and they said it would be deemed a waste of Police resources.

Something to benefit them to help with law enforcement is a waste of Police resources... oookay.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Something to benefit them to help with law enforcement is a waste of Police resources... oookay.
    That seems to be their stock-standard approach these days.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Updated the Customs section... which should now be complete and up to date, for anyone in the Jurisdictions that only need the import permit to buy and own a Gun-Former.

That took a few hours to do, so I'll keep working on the States & Territories throughout the week.

For anyone curious about the process for the Import Permit, this was what I went through recently, which prompted the creation of this resource page to help out others here.

Late December - a Gold Masterpiece Megatron that I pre-ordered off ebay was finally posted to me.

12th January - Customs at Brisbane Airport sent a letter to say that they had found and held the toy, and sent me some information pages, telling me what I needed to do to have them release it to me in the state of Queensland. (plus contact info for other states)
    It said I only had 14 days to pick it up or contact them, or else it would be destroyed. (if you are importing one to a POBox address, keep checking it regularly during that time in case Customs capture it and send you a letter)

19th January - I check my PO Box and get the letter... and call them up to make sure it doesn't get destroyed. They said that they were now holding it for up to a year, for me to get the permit from the QLD Police.
    I then ring up the QLD Weapons Licensing branch to verify the process involve, and to also make sure that a license or permit was NOT required to own it. They told me that no permit for ownership was required, but safe storage and sensible ownership was recommended if you didn't want to be caught up with some other offence.
    It was noted that it could take 4-8 weeks to process.
    I go to the QLD Police website listed on one of the info sheets, and print off the Permit application and fill it out. (it was too late to submit it that day)

20th January - First thing in the morning I hand in the application form (and a photocopy of the Customs letter) at the nearby Police Station, who had no idea what to do with it, so called up Weapons Licensing for more information. The Police Station even posted back my photocopy of the Customs letter instead of keeping it with the Application form as it had stipulated. (maybe it was faxed with the application form)

2nd February - the date on the Permit that was sent to me. (not bad - it wasn't even 2 weeks processing)

6th February - date of the postmarked envelope, of when it was posted to me.

11th February - day I checked my PO Box to find the Permit there. I ring up Customs at the Airport to make an appointment to pick up the Toy (an appointment is required).

13th February - I drove to the Customs building at the Airport and was made to wait in the foyer area for two Customs people to come out to meet me. I handed them the Permit, and they handed me the Toy... which hadn't even been opened - they must just X-ray it and put it aside without even needing to open it.

So there you go... that was the wait time, or turnaround, for QLD, and possibly any other state that only requires the Import Permit, or if you already have the ownership permits in states that require it.

So unless you live in Brisbane, it sounds like it will still be difficult to import gunformers. Being as you have to physically go to the Customs area in the Brisbane airport to collect-even with a permit.

Thanks for all the hard work you did on this issue griffin! The amount of research, and time you took to do this must have been immense!

Default Ch02 Megatron Set

I ordered the CH02 Megatron 2 pack from Chimungmung last year, & it arrived at my house no problems...