Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2535404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Daptodog, a firearms license can take months to be approved. Here in qld i did the firearms safety course and handed over all the relevant paperwork required. I then waited 13 months for my license in the mail.

If it helps, I've had three seperate mp36 shipments pass through my address. 2 of them were passed through sydney customs and 1 through Brisbane with no seizure. I've since just allowed 2 more friends who bought from pc to import mp36 from overseas using my address just in case there is a seizure.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of obtaining a firearms license, but don't want to risk seizure, it may pay to ask a friend in qld if you can use their address. We don't require a firearms license for imitation/replica firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Daptodog, a firearms license can take months to be approved. Here in qld i did the firearms safety course and handed over all the relevant paperwork required. I then waited 13 months for my license in the mail.

If it helps, I've had three seperate mp36 shipments pass through my address. 2 of them were passed through sydney customs and 1 through Brisbane with no seizure. I've since just allowed 2 more friends who bought from pc to import mp36 from overseas using my address just in case there is a seizure.

If you don't want to go through the hassle of obtaining a firearms license, but don't want to risk seizure, it may pay to ask a friend in qld if you can use their address. We don't require a firearms license for imitation/replica firearms.
    That's very good to know, thank you.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Dump question for all these permit, is it one for one piece or can you buy three under one permit?

Megatran Guest

^ My understanding is that the permit covers for all gunformers, whether it's one or multiple items.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ My understanding is that the permit covers for all gunformers, whether it's one or multiple items.
    But if they are seperate shipments?

Megatran Guest

^ Not relevant, so long as the permit is still current & valid. In VIC, we have to renew every 3 years I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    ^ Not relevant, so long as the permit is still current & valid. In VIC, we have to renew every 3 years I believe.
    Thank you, I was thinking if I needed each time if I purchased one. But your answer does make sense. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    But if you don't want to risk seizure, it may pay to ask a friend in qld if you can use their address. We don't require a firearms license for imitation/replica firearms.
    That's exactly what I did - though turns out no state is seizing them anyway

Well my Megs order cleared customs fine yesterday.

Bad news is Auspost tried to deliver this morning while I was out and it's too late to pick it up today. But so glad I didn't have to go through all the red tape.

Mmmhmmm. Much ado about nothing